Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 10-08-2021, 06:01 AM   #31
Senior Member
 
1der's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,629
Not sure if your solar panel order can be changed, but the 60 cell panels are available up to 395w each (maybe 400w) - dims are 68.5 x 41.0 in. Two of those would lay fore/aft side by side within your 84" dimension and free up about 16" for your skylight.

I have purchased from TandemSolar in the past, but any LG distributor should have access to these. I would connect two of these LG's in parallel to retain the ability of adding a ~200w (2x100w/19v) in series=~38v portable supplemental set, if desired. Example: A Renogy 200w suitcase w/o controller rewired to connect in series)

https://tandem-solar-systems.com/wp-...G395Q1C-A6.pdf

Click image for larger version

Name:	5C5A225F-A952-4249-8370-82A345C1026B.jpg
Views:	9
Size:	34.2 KB
ID:	41588

re: Black roof top water tank vent?? picture??
__________________

__________________
Ray
Beastie 3: 2002 7.3 EB Cargo: Agile TTB, CCV Mid Top, Custom Walk Through, Lots of stuff added. BlingMyRig.com
1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 07:49 AM   #32
Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 82
How do you plan to wire them, parallel or series? Or each pairs in series then parallel those two pairs?
__________________

basssears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 02:24 PM   #33
225
Senior Member
 
225's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Not sure if your solar panel order can be changed, but the 60 cell panels are available up to 395w each (maybe 400w) - dims are 68.5 x 41.0 in. Two of those would lay fore/aft side by side within your 84" dimension and free up about 16" for your skylight.

I have purchased from TandemSolar in the past, but any LG distributor should have access to these. I would connect two of these LG's in parallel to retain the ability of adding a ~200w (2x100w/19v) in series=~38v portable supplemental set, if desired. Example: A Renogy 200w suitcase w/o controller rewired to connect in series)

https://tandem-solar-systems.com/wp-...G395Q1C-A6.pdf

Attachment 41588

re: Black roof top water tank vent?? picture??
They were delivered today unfortunately or I would look at that.

I'm adding a full shower stall with toilet. To get everything to finish the roof, I'm trying to get everything that's going up there installed.

Black water tank vent.


I'm also adding a wifi booster, cell booster, shower vent, and HAM radio antenna.

Quote:
Originally Posted by basssears View Post
How do you plan to wire them, parallel or series? Or each pairs in series then parallel those two pairs?
I'm going to run each pair in series and then parallel the two pairs.

Either way it goes, the MPPT controller with be more expensive than I wanna pay. But, oh well.
__________________
2014 Ford E-350 SRW Box Truck
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2021, 03:18 PM   #34
Senior Member
 
1der's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Location: San Francisco, CA
Posts: 2,629
Ah, a true vent for the holding tank. You have probably considered the vent location vs your roof ventilation vent

Ventilation / Steam extraction for the shower??
__________________
Ray
Beastie 3: 2002 7.3 EB Cargo: Agile TTB, CCV Mid Top, Custom Walk Through, Lots of stuff added. BlingMyRig.com
1der is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2021, 11:49 PM   #35
225
Senior Member
 
225's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Ah, a true vent for the holding tank. You have probably considered the vent location vs your roof ventilation vent

Ventilation / Steam extraction for the shower??

Yes, for the shower steam ventilation. Iím gonna use a Maxx Fan 6Ē fan with LED light, or something similar.

I work on a boat, and my time home is sometimes limited. But I am planning on having the roof rack finished.

I still need to order the HAM radio antenna, and the 80/20 rails, which I will do this week.

The sooner I can get the roof rack done, the sooner I can put the RV door in and close in the rear of the camper. With the elevator bed in after that, it will be able to camp in even with nothing else finished.
__________________
2014 Ford E-350 SRW Box Truck
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 01:11 AM   #36
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 289
What are you planning re: ham radio, just VHF/UHF or HF as well? I'm also a ham but haven't installed anything yet.
__________________
Bob
2005 E350 Super Duty Ext Wheelchair Van
2002 Itasca 35U Motorhome
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 04:02 AM   #37
225
Senior Member
 
225's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 147
Box Truck Betty - 2014 E-350 12ft SRW Box Truck Conversion.

Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam View Post
What are you planning re: ham radio, just VHF/UHF or HF as well? I'm also a ham but haven't installed anything yet.

Honestly, I donít know jack about HAM. I will in the future get my license and a radio, I just wanna get the antenna installed while itís easy to do.

Maybe you can point me in the right direction for a decent radio that doesnít cost $500 and the correct antenna?

Any advice would be super helpful. I have a FCC license for work, but itís not the same thing.
__________________
2014 Ford E-350 SRW Box Truck
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2021, 09:22 AM   #38
Senior Member
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: Elk Grove, CA
Posts: 289
My advice is to wait until you're licensed and have a good grasp on your options. Not all radios and antennas are created equal. You'll probably want to start with a VHF/UHF mobile radio so, if you want, read up on mobile ham VHF/UHF installations and run the appropriate antenna coax cable, power, etc. and decide on the antenna later.

Here's a video that covers mobile installation:



You can get your Technician license in a one day "Ham Cram" (class and exam) or you can study ahead of the exam on your own. Ham Crams and exams are sponsored by your local Ham Radio club. Gordon West has a great series of study guides that you can study during your downtime on the boat. If you go the Ham Cram route, it's best to have a good grasp of basic electronics before the class (volts, amps, watts, resistance, etc.)

https://www.gordonwestradioschool.co...resources.html
__________________
Bob
2005 E350 Super Duty Ext Wheelchair Van
2002 Itasca 35U Motorhome
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2021, 02:51 PM   #39
225
Senior Member
 
225's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 147
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam View Post
My advice is to wait until you're licensed and have a good grasp on your options. Not all radios and antennas are created equal. You'll probably want to start with a VHF/UHF mobile radio so, if you want, read up on mobile ham VHF/UHF installations and run the appropriate antenna coax cable, power, etc. and decide on the antenna later.

Here's a video that covers mobile installation:



You can get your Technician license in a one day "Ham Cram" (class and exam) or you can study ahead of the exam on your own. Ham Crams and exams are sponsored by your local Ham Radio club. Gordon West has a great series of study guides that you can study during your downtime on the boat. If you go the Ham Cram route, it's best to have a good grasp of basic electronics before the class (volts, amps, watts, resistance, etc.)

https://www.gordonwestradioschool.co...resources.html
Thanks! That sounds like a good option.

I'm gonna have 4 antennas total when it's all said and done. A Wi-Fi booster, cell booster, CB which will be mounted on the hood, and a Ham antenna. The cell and Wi-Fi boosters will be able to fold down when not in use using a marine antenna mount.

It's crazy the amount of money I've spent (I'm keeping track of every red cent), and I'm still so far away from even starting.
__________________
2014 Ford E-350 SRW Box Truck
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2021, 08:52 PM   #40
225
Senior Member
 
225's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2017
Location: Asheville, NC
Posts: 147


I have a video coming out soon of starting the bench seats.



I was getting a check engine light code P0420. I changed all 3 O2 sensors, and after a few miles it came on again. I changed out the catalytic converter, so far so good:

__________________

__________________
2014 Ford E-350 SRW Box Truck
225 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 06:52 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×