Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2014, 08:03 PM   #21

Re: Cheap Lift For a 2wd

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
This thread is 4 years old.

FYI - I installed a set of $180 springs and two new alignment cams in a 2001 E250 RB with 5.4 last week and picked up 2.25 inches in the front, it is an easy DIY job.
What springs? You have a part# or where you picked them up.

lifeinthesouth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2014, 08:08 PM   #22

Quote:
This thread is 4 years old.

FYI - I installed a set of $180 springs and two new alignment cams in a 2001 E250 RB with 5.4 last week and picked up 2.25 inches in the front, it is an easy DIY job.
My mistake ....I meant to quote this
what were the spring part numbers
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2015, 02:36 PM   #23

Quote:
Any good parts supplier will have them (NAPA) and for the shocks - nothing will work as good as custom tuned FOX Shox.

I know this has been asked before but never answered.....at least that I can find......what is the part number or length and weight of the spring you used?
hogasm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2017, 11:59 PM   #24

Ford Econoline lift

Another old thread, but for all of you looking to add a cheap lift to your van there are several options:
Put a larger coil to give you 1.5-2" lift depending on coil. You will have to run a 2.5-3 degree cam to get your alignment correct. The negative part about this is that you will take + caster out of the radius arm which may cause you van to wander more.
Lifting it 1.5 " you can usually get away without changing shocks.

If you would like to do something like this we offer a kit with modified radius arms to increase caster with the lift coils.
WeldTecDesigns is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 10:33 AM   #25

Great Company to Work With!

I just got off the phone with Jeremy at Weldtec Designs. He was super helpful in getting my suspension upgrades under way! Can't wait to feel real suspension travel instead of the bump stops! Great customer support is becoming rare these days! When the owner will spend 20-30 minutes answering questions and offering the best suggestions, it should be applauded!
VOODOO7.3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2017, 11:15 AM   #26

Garage
+1 ^

My van is at Jeremy's shop right now and he's been great to work with. I would highly recommend him to anyone thinking of pretty much ANY suspension modifications.

capn
capnkurt is offline   Reply With Quote