Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-23-2016, 10:20 AM   #111

Nice dog.

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2016, 12:54 PM   #112

The droop pics are my favorite.
Old 09-23-2016, 02:42 PM   #113

getting closer...

Figure I need an outlet for my excitement, so here it is.

bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2016, 12:00 AM   #114

Thanks for the fridge info. I've seen that one on HomeDepot.com too. Same price.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:29 PM   #115

Talking with John today about the wiring, which means it's almost done!

Planning on the following for recovery gear to go along with the 12k winch up front

- Maxtrax
- Hilift with base and lift mate
- 30k lb tree saver
- 30k lb 30' tow strap
- Two shackles
- Tire repair kit
- snatch block

Anything glaring that I am missing? I think I am going to pass for now on the winch kit for the Hi lift and try and piece that together as it sounds that some of the gear included in the kit is garbage. But would mainly need that if I cant winch out from the front.

Not planning on any crazy 4x4 in the beginning, as I want to go out and test/learn the gear. But I would hate to not have what I need in a pinch.
Old 09-27-2016, 02:32 PM   #116

Couple more shackles. You won't be able to use the rest of the stuff without a few more.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 02:35 PM   #117

Good point. I have two already on the front bumper, but seems like an easy thing to have more of.
Old 09-27-2016, 06:16 PM   #118

Garage
Regarding your recovery kit, you can add shackles without adding too much weight with Bubba Rope Gator-Jaws. I also carry an Off-road Oil Spill Kit.
Also, your van is the perfect color
Old 09-28-2016, 09:39 AM   #119

Hopefully our red vans will met sometime in the near future! Hard to miss, that's for sure. I go back and forth on painting it, but we really like how easy it is to find when in a crowd.

Down to the small strokes now, hoping to pickup Friday or Monday. Any insight on where most people install their Separator (7622). Ideally under the hood, right? Is the problem with mounting it close to the house battery all of the wiring that connects to the starter, etc?

Talking with Agile about how to install it as well as the Switch Pro. So many options on how to wire it all, especially since I haven't done the interior build out yet. Will definitely keep some slack in the wiring so I can move it around a little later down the road, but I think it will be good to have it all in place before so I have to think about it during the build.

I think someone else had a similar quote that I liked for the following pictures. THere are a lot of Aluminess bumpers out there, but these are mine.

Old 10-05-2016, 10:15 AM   #120

Wooohoooo. Picked up Big Clif on Monday and couldn't be any more stoked about how it turned out. Agile did a wonderful job and cannot recommend John and his team enough.

Van ended up about 6" higher, but it seems more to me. Ripped my pants getting out of it on the first night!!

Onboard air ports mounted to the bumpers

Switchpro mounted inbetween the visors. I will be making a custom headboard down the road with pockets (as seen on this forum), so I will flush mount this once that is done. But so far I love this thing. Have it wired to take power off the house battery. Can easily program each switch to work when the car is on only, flash, low voltage control etc.

I have some questions for you all, but for now I'll sit back and enjoy the van, for a couple more days at least. My homework is to make sure I have the Blue Sea 7622 all hooked up how I want.

- Brian