Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2016, 11:38 AM   #141

Whipped up some quick rear door panels using 1/4 ply and speaker box material. Drilled out the existing mounting holes and punched in 1/4 - 20 nut rivets. So simple to replace these down the line. Secured with beefy black 1/4 - 20 philips bolts that actually seem to give it a decent finished look. Also stuffed them full of fiberglass insulation. No rear speakers as they just get blocked by the bed.

Still working on the slider panel, which is quite the bear.

bemerritt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 11:52 AM   #142

Espar D2 Install is underway. Decided to put it right in front of the driver rear wheel well. There is a flat section just big enough if you modify the mount.

Created a drill pattern from the mount

used a combo of a stepped drill bit and punches to get the holes as close to the right size as possible

How it looks from underneath

So i modified the mouting plate a little bit. The metal part was supposed to go on the inside of the van with this foam sealer, both which wwere too big for the spot. So insteat I have the heater gasket sealing to the inside of the floor and then am sandwhiching a piece of high temp reubber between the modified mounting plate and the bottom of the van.

So thats where I am on that. But I do have a question on the wiring if anyone is experienced on that. If not, at least the next person will have this to look at.

I am trying to wire in the high altitude kit. First off, I hated the connections (probably due to my incompetence with auto harnesses) So I am just going to use a terminal block.

Anyways, I have it connected per the manual as such:

THe top right goes to the controller and the bottom right goes to the heater.

I understand what to do with the 3 extra wires that go to the heater. Disregard the grey and twist the other two together per the manual.

But for the controller side I am stumped. It does not mention what to do with the brown/white and grey/red wires (the ones that are twisted together for the pump side). I assume I disregard the grey as I did for the pump side. And it is missing the brown wire that connects to the high altitude kit.

Any ideas? Going to try and contact espar as well.
Old 11-28-2016, 09:52 AM   #143

I think I saw your van out in front of Johns house. I dig those bumpers.
Samtech79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2016, 11:21 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samtech79 View Post
I think I saw your van out in front of Johns house. I dig those bumpers.
I definitely have been there a couple times, John is top notch.

Rear seat is mounted, now time to build out the interior now that the major components are where they will be

Put my yakima box up yesterday. Which means now I am getting a ldder to get up there. Will most likely end up with the ladder on drivers side to load the box over there. Hoping to fit a small snowboard carrier on passengar side that I can hopefully load from the bumper and slider step.

Old 12-12-2016, 11:34 AM   #145

Only 11 days until we depart for Holiday travel up north that will compound into a week long trip to either the Oregon Coast, Utah or somehwere in the desert depending on the weather and how we are feeling.

Frame is pretty much in, bed is in and many long nights ahead! Wiring, drawer storage and side/roof panels will be the focus of this week.

Old 12-12-2016, 07:50 PM   #146

Let me know if you come to Oregon. Can offer a shower and home cooked meal and maybe a get-together with other forum members in the area.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2016, 11:07 PM   #147

I'll be heading south down the Oregon coast from Washington around that time. Would be great to cross paths somewhere along the way. Maybe a few of us could rally at some point...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
2xplore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 09:58 AM   #148

Will definitely let you two know if we make it out that way. Really want to see the coast. This is our current idea for the general path of the trip.

After looking at the extended forecast consisting of rain almost everyday, the wife is leaning towards sunnier pastures. Wet humans in a van four a week would be doable, but add in a 75 lb four legged friend and it sounds less than desirable haha.

Roof finally completed last night. What a bear that was, probably due to my stubborn way of doing it. Nut inserts in the ceiling supports so that I can easily take off the panels for upgrades/repairs/whatever.

Old 12-13-2016, 07:12 PM   #149

Nice headliner - and making it removable panels is genius!

I'm in Sonoma County, about an hour and a half north of San Francisco. Hit me up if you need a pit stop in the area. I can point you to some cool spots for food and/or drink, and maybe meet up if I'm in town.
SteelheadJones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 08:08 PM   #150

The Oregon Coast is beautiful but might not be good to taint your first trip there with soggy people and a wet dog in the van! I may take an inland route as well...

Sent from my SM-G928T using Tapatalk
2xplore is offline   Reply With Quote