So I hit a snag with the brake calipers not releasing. Flushed the brake fluid and found some crap so we were hoping that would solve the problem. Test driving it discovered that the brake booster wasn't properly working either. After inspection the master cylinder was leaking too so I just replaced all that shit. While I was troubleshooting that I found that the alternator was going bad. So I replaced that too. Might as well get it all out of the way now before I leave. Well we ****ed up trying to rush at the end of the day and didn't realize the pulley for the belt was a smaller size on the new alternator. Driving around the next day I hear, what I thought was catching a branch or rope in my driveshaft, but the pulley cut the belt to size and shredded belt got wrapped up in ****ing EVERYTHING. Yeah that was fun. ALWAYS double check your work when you're done. I keep rushing and it keeps biting me in the ass.
If you look close, you can see the pieces of the belt wrapped around the pulley by the tensioner.
Anyway, I did make some progress...
Got the uprights and top row tacked in.
Had to do a lot of work around the vent. What a pain.
We tried to get it nice and close.
Then I worked on the wall and ceiling panels. All shaped, sanded, ready for lacquer.
Working nights.. between the rain and the sun I'm WAY behind schedule.
I think they turned out quite nice. It's 1/4" birch ply.
Fitting em up.
So I just used some screws in the 2x2 i had holding the floor down and where the mounts for the bed are. The wood piece at the top will hold the top of the walls and the edge of the ceiling tight. You'll see later. That's what the nuts were welded to the corners for.
So my idea was to use 2" velcro on those struts on the roof to hold up the ply that had the opposite side attached to it. This way there'd be no screws visible. I hate seeing screws. I wasn't sure if the concept was going to work, but it worked out really well actually.
I cut/trimmed the plastic pieces for the B pillars to fit the wood panels and painted them black to match the carpet I installed. They turned out good enough for me to consider doing the door panels, headliner, and dash... Hmmm
The next thing I did was get the counter top. I just went for the basic home depot special. The only issue is that the backsplash was so damn tall. So I took a section out of it to gain a few more inches of cabinet space. It was actually a really painless process.
So an ad popped up on CL and it was exactly what I was looking for. So I drove my ass out to orlando and picked this bad thing up. 2002 KTM 300 2 stroke. It came with brand new road and knobby tires, brand new helmet, new gloves, racing gas tank, and all the original paperwork. I'll get better pics tomorrow.