Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-20-2021, 10:13 AM   #1

Design ideas for 4 ppl?

Hello! Just got our e350 XL van, which will eventually have a pop top next fall. We are trying to figure out a way to configure it to sit 5 ppl with seat belts (so that a kiddo can have a friend) and sleep 4 ppl. Any design ideas that you have? Images/floor plans would be much appreciated!

jenniphernj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 10:48 AM   #2
Site Team

Sportsmobile used to offer a Transfomer setup that could fit your needs if you add a pop-top. Just would need to find someone else to replicate it, which shouldn't be too difficult. See attached flyer from Sportsmobile.

Herb
Attached Files
File Type: pdf sm_transformer_flyer.pdf (488.3 KB, 33 views)
Old 04-20-2021, 11:14 AM   #3

Interesting, thank you! That's helpful to see. We're considering putting the back seats right behind the front ones and building out behind so that we can create a bed that's a dinette option. But I like this idea as well with kitchen, seat, bed. Thanks for sharing this.
jenniphernj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 08:58 PM   #4

Mine has four captains chairs and two benches that run along the side the benches make a queen size bed and we typically spin the two front seats around and lay the middle seats flat with the front seats flat and the kids sleep in there. So I can sleep four comfortably without having to put roof panels in but I don't have a kitchen inside my kitchen's at the back door. Check out my signature it will take you to my build
Wanderer-RRORC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2021, 11:23 PM   #5

We installed L-track and use Unwin seat lockers with captain's chairs that have integrated seat belts from a crew van. This allows us to move the seats around and configure as needed. Rather than doing "built-ins", all of our gear (bike rack, Dometic dual zone fridge/freezer, water system, toilet, etc.) connect to the L-track as well. It ends up looking pretty spartan, but the configurability has been a godsend as our needs change.

Our typical configuration has the fridge/freezer lengthwise behind the driver's seat plus two captain's chairs for our two girls, and we can swap in up to 3 additional captain's chairs to carry up to 7 people. Behind the two captain's seats we've had many configurations depending on the trip, passengers, and season. We store our bikes inside using 1Up van trays, and the water system typically occupies the right rear quarter of our EB. My wife and I are small, as are my 4- and 5-year old daughters, so we are able to sleep the whole family in the pop-top--but probably not for much longer. We have a Disc-O-Bed that will sleep one adult or two small children (end to end) in the "garage" area, although I'm looking at maybe replacing that with a platform style bed now that our kids are getting older. Currently only the passenger front seat swivels because the driver's seat is powered, but I've been considering changing it to a manual seat so we can swivel it as well.

I don't have a ton of pics uploaded, and the build is always a work in progress because we've been so busy #usingit, but here are some example configurations (ignore the mess):

Let me know if you'd like me to upload some more pics.