Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2016, 07:04 PM   #41

THANKS Flux, Rally- great. Helps to be on the right track
Flux- that link is amazing. I'm a visual learner plus used to looking at engineering plans so that is all within my comfort zone (vs. overload zone)

Useful notices and guides for many Ford items in that link- thanks a ton

Old 09-26-2016, 09:36 PM   #42

If you have any more questions on the upfitter switches, I sent about 4 hours on that mess. Mine aren't there and I don't have the wiring past the main harness. MGMetalworks helped me out a ton and I would be glad to pass that info on and keep the info rolling along. If you have the switches, then all you need to do is verify if the relays are in the main battery junction box and find the blunt ends and you can wire up some nice circuits, two 30Amp, A 10, and a 15Amp. There may even be some pass through wiring for customer use so you can run the circuits back inside. MG also put me on to the different connectors in the interior junction box. So I know what crimps and where to get them if you want to add anything from that point as well.

I have a 2013 EB window van with no interior. If you don't want to disassemble your interior to figure out where things are, I can send you pics. It's a blessing and a curse to have the empty van, but in the end, I will do everything my way.......for better or for worse. I've been completely dependent on the kindness of strangers here and everyone is very generous with the knowledge. I just wish i could make the build go faster.
Flux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2016, 06:40 AM   #43

Flux, Sir I do appreciate that! This is a great community and is a pot of gold isn't it? Some other members have offered up valuable info as well.
When I get closer to e design (November in all honesty) I will get back with you and others. Of course I'll browse it to consider now since planning to get sleeping/storage fixed up for use in mid October.

I'm keeping a file on electrical for later study. Again- thanks
And to think I was getting bored before I discovered camper vans!
P.s. PICTURES of what you have would be much appreciated
Old 10-04-2016, 06:05 PM   #44

I am soooo far behind on acknowledging the input on my threads! Suffice it to say the busy (paper) work hit the fan at my house. I'm executor for an estate and I think there's a Law of the Universe that says deadlines have a mushroom effect on submittals. Light at the end of the tunnel tho.

My build project partners are too busy with college and jobs to help with my build right now (I missed their window of availability). So I went online and contacted a local carpenter for lessons and assistance. Well, he is actually looking for his own van to build out right now! I talked to him today. He rattled off design ideas and methods right away and thinks my concept will be successful, so will get him drawings next week. Even though I heard myself tell him "I'm not a carpenter and I'm not a mechanic" (and wondered what the heck was I thinking committing to a build project) I feel optimistic upon my preliminary conversation with him.

So of course, I referred him to this forum! He specializes in historic carpentry, looks uber-skillful - and wears a kilt. Hopefully we will see him post here soon, tho I warned him this community has a way of dominating all free time and thought - I know I say that like it's a bad thing right?

PLUS: he lives in Ohio!
Old 10-12-2016, 10:00 PM   #45

at least 10 characters
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2016, 06:57 AM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
I am envious of y'all's SW van adventures and can't wait to visit there too. But cornfield boondock reminded me that you can't beat southern ohio certain times of year for sky watching and relaxing. While growing up I spent many days in southern Ohio and Indiana creeks and shiny emerald cornfields and there are no lusher places on earth.... One of those flyover states (of mind) that Jason Aldean sings about
http://youtu.be/W1GZzucDMlQ
Loves me some Ohio. I head out there each summer. I've only been able to do minor exploring so far. Your trip looked great!
jpau00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post

at least 10 characters
Quote:
Originally Posted by jpau00 View Post
Loves me some Ohio. I head out there each summer. I've only been able to do minor exploring so far. Your trip looked great!
Thank you! You all are funny!

I've been shopping for van flooring but slowed down on my build design. My daughter went and accepted her fiancés proposal so we got distracted by gown shopping and initial planning for a May 2017 wedding! He is Navy at Jacksonville Naval Air Base and was being reassigned so after he proposed he got new his duty station at Marine Corps Base Hawaii- his first choice. I am really excited for them both, they are hard workers and I keep giving her kudos for being flexible and committing to the Navy life! She was nervous about moving with him but I told her it is an opportunity of a lifetime to live in Hawaii, plus of course that is why he proposed when he did!
HSM-37 Easyriders
Fingers crossed the Navy does not decide on some other destination for him instead.... I do feel he will be deployed at some point tho.

HellBetty will likely be engaged for wedding attendee transportation at the event. Not sure how we will load the senior citizens tho! At least that gives me a firm timeline to have her interior spiffy.

I also am distracted by leaving town for short trips. I am a painter and have gotten some field sketching done in HellBetty, one prime reason I bought her. I found a wooden box at an antique store which keeps my basic travel art supplies safe and serves as a seat. With the side door open, I situate the box behind the second seat then sit on it with my feet in the stairwell- very comfortable! I can sketch in good light but out of the wind. For now that works great but it's another trial run that helps visualize the final design.

Haha WAY better than sketching out of my honda (last time I did that some hothead property owner tried to get me arrested for sketching an abandoned farmhouse... I had put my hat on and walked around the car to sit in the passenger seat, a neighbor called the property owner and told the cops I had a guy with me who went into the building so she drove down all hell'sfire. The deputies brought a dog to search the house and were equally as unhappy about it as I was- Sigh. Fortunately I had a drawing started to debunk her hotheaded accusations. I had made sure I was parked in the ROW there, but I went home grumpy and did not get to finish that drawing)

Anyhow, I want to be able to offer HellBetty to the newlyweds for a honeymoon camp-out before they move if they like- they love to camp and have a tight budget. (I'm just jealous of you all with the major garage structures to work on your vans- is it wrong to have that as a new priority when I buy a house?)

The sun is out here now after hammering rain for 30 hours straight. I am surprised it did not bring down all the leaves but as it stands, right now is peak leaf time in Almost Heaven West Virginia! -Destination changed, ohio or wv it's all good- The rain blew out all the streams so I probably missed a window of good fall fishing but I can sketch <happy place> Some of the water down there is too big to fish by myself anyhow.

I drove HellBetty to go out to some events last night and with the tires and all she handled very well in the bad storm, with no 4WD. Happy with my Toyo Open Country AT tires for the wet pavement for sure.
Old 10-24-2016, 06:24 PM   #48

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Annie O View Post
HellBetty will likely be engaged for wedding attendee transportation at the event. Not sure how we will load the senior citizens tho!
i picked up some of these style stairs and they work pretty good. different brand, but same design. might even get lucky and find them used for next to nothing

Torklift A7602 Safe Step-3 Pack
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 03:44 PM   #49

[QUOTE=shenrie;187392]i picked up some of these style stairs and they work pretty good. different brand, but same design. might even get lucky and find them used for next to nothing

Hey thanks Hmmm I am going to need to mount something at the side barn doors. Those do look great to have on hand-Much appreciated! *actually just remembered Pennsylvania seems to be an RV Mecca of sorts so I should be able to come up with something affordable

Got back from a short trip today, will try to get multiple photos up later, already got a 'call to fishing' I hope I can squeeze in next week before some house guests arrive
Old 11-02-2016, 02:47 PM   #50

As ever, Life interferes. Got sucked back into executor tasks (seems never ending) but I was hoping to be fishing this week

Right now my priorities are
1. Swivel seat (to see how it changes useable space)(had to order + Star wrenches, be here friday)
2. flooring
2. bed/storage design-build
3. window coverings
4. potti transformer enclosure + basic sink unit to at least brush teeth in a parking lot

(have ideas for tent poles to make flexible hoop for shower curtain outside van for sun-shower)