Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-01-2016, 07:40 AM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by FarmerFrederico View Post
I too enjoyed your video - I'll just put it on pause if I want to investigate more...it's a cool technique you used!

With the wind I'm speaking of - does the backdraft from the whole vehicle make the box noticeably shake or bounce? I might have to move mine nearly that far back to keep from shading my solar panel. Thanks!
It doesn't shake of bounce at all. It's secured down to 2 rails with its attachments but the box shape dips down at the back end and just happens to be pressed against the very back crossbar which is wrapped with pipe foam. This just worked out really well so it's definitely extra stable.

I know what you mean about boxes wobbling all over the place. I've seen it predy bad on some cars. It would drive me nuts.

Here's a picture from a road trip last summer. It's actually a predy distant shot of the van so this is zoomed in as much as I could. Notice how the box is resting on the third bar. Also notice how I literally just used can straps to keep my solar panels on temporarily back then.

BlairB is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
carseat kids baby family