Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-19-2013, 04:32 PM   #21

Re: Dude With Van's First Homebuild

Holy cow these are some HUGE marshmellows! I noticed I didn't reference anything for size, but they are the size of your palm! Has nothing to do with anything, but I thought it would be cool to share, ha

So here is how the van looks right now. Notice all the necessary camping supplies. Fly rod, cereal, djembe, and skateboard. Ahhhhh

Always feels great to be running biodiesel

Attached Thumbnails
P8170255.jpg   P8170256.jpg   P8170257.jpg  

dudewithvan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 04:34 PM   #22

Man, it's awesome when all you have to do it shove everyone's gear in the van without having to break it all down. It just sucks when it costs you $110 to fill up

Attached Thumbnails
P8170259.jpg  
Old 08-19-2013, 06:58 PM   #23

Never forget the CrunchBerries.

Lookin' good Dude

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 08:42 AM   #24

Garage

^^^ i had crunchberries for the first time in years a few weeks ago. they have different colors now. used to just be red berries and capn's crunches, but now theres like 4-5 different colored crunchberries. its like i always wanted when i was a kid. 80% berries and only 20% crunches, lol.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dudewithvan
Holy cow these are some HUGE marshmellows! I noticed I didn't reference anything for size, but they are the size of your palm!
we bought some of those a few camp seasons ago and didnt really care for them. they never really get melty in the middle...hell, maybe im just too impatient. when its time for smores, its time for smores NOW! they are great for chubby bunny though, hahahaha.

Quote:
So here is how the van looks right now. Notice all the necessary camping supplies. Fly rod, cereal, djembe, and skateboard. Ahhhhh
im thinking where the hell do you skate when you camp? then i remembered stumbling onto a 1 mile stretch of paved road out in the middle of bfe. i always wanted to take our car to that stretch and run a a climb, but didnt wanna hassle the red tape. is there pavement a lot of places you camp?

either way, ride is looking great. keep up the good work!
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-20-2013, 09:12 AM   #25
Site Team

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
Quote:
Holy cow these are some HUGE marshmellows! I noticed I didn't reference anything for size, but they are the size of your palm!
we bought some of those a few camp seasons ago and didnt really care for them. they never really get melty in the middle...hell, maybe im just too impatient. when its time for smores, its time for smores NOW! they are great for chubby bunny though, hahahaha.
Completely agree, not to mention, eating melty marshmallow that large when you have facial hair is NOT a good decision. Ask me how I know.

Herb
Old 08-21-2013, 09:50 PM   #26

Nice job. I use my van for gigging also. I use the bottom for equipment and the top for sleeping sometimes. I am redoing my PH bed and was wondering where you got your foam. Best I can find is green for $55. What does camp foam mean? Thanks
stanw909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2013, 11:36 PM   #27

http://m.canadiantire.ca/mt/www.canadia ... mousse.jsp

I'm not sure if they sell it in the states, but this is the foam I bought. I choose the 3" thick version and will be wrapping it with egg crate foam. I'm hoping the egg crate won't make it too high for me to sit up.

I've slept on it twice so far and very impressed with how comfortable it is. Definitely worth it.
Old 08-22-2013, 03:17 PM   #28

I started the aluminum trim the other day, and pretty happy with how it's turning out. I just wish I had researched for something a bit thicker for some sections, but I guess that's what homebuilding is all about! I am buying aluminum corners so that the ends look more clean and latches for the boxes to resemble road cases a bit better.

I used this stuff for the ceiling and box

I don't have any picture reference for the other trim I used, but if interesting, just ask for decorative aluminum trim. The other trim I used is in the flooring department at any hardware store.

Attached Thumbnails
P8220262.jpg   P8220263.jpg   P8220270.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 03:20 PM   #29

Good motto to live by...
Attached Thumbnails
P8220265.jpg   P8220267.jpg   P8220269.jpg  
Old 08-22-2013, 06:55 PM   #30

Dude, If you haven't gotten hinges for your bed legs. These are the ones I used. They work great.
http://www.hardwaresource.com/hinges/FU ... Square+Leg
Its looking good..
Paul