Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-06-2017, 03:36 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by StraightOuttaBallard View Post
And Reunel as well, Buckstop/TrailReady bought them - or at least the name - after Reunel in CA went out of business in 2008-ish.

rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2017, 02:39 PM   #22

Running Aluminess in the rear. I have quite a bit of weight on dual boxes and no cracks or fractures. If you mount boxes about 1/4 inch out (washers at the bumper and box mounts) from stock mounting position you can sneak rotopax units behind the swing arms. Aluminum is very thick but bumper with swing arms is light enough to lift with some muscles.

I have actually hung a hammock between the loaded open pinned boxes (tied to the rails) and no sag or shift. I'm about 300lbs.

If you just want a tough bumper the stock Ford hitch bumper was good and cheap to replace. I wanted the storage though.
odinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2017, 09:27 PM   #23

Buckstop x2

I've got the Buckstop Classic 1 front (aluminum) and the Buckstop rear bumper and really like them both. The only thing worth mentioning is that on the rear bumper, in order to have clearance for the Aluminess spare carrier, the shop who installed it for me had to tweak the driver side just a bit and it hangs a 1/2 inch or so lower. It's only noticeable when you look at it straight-on from the rear, but it hasn't annoyed me enough to want to do anything about it in two years (not sure if there's anything that could be done anyway).
Attached Thumbnails
Buckstop-front.jpg   Buckstop-rear.jpg  
Old 02-18-2017, 09:58 AM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by UnaccomplishedAngler View Post
I've got the Buckstop Classic 1 front (aluminum) and the Buckstop rear bumper and really like them both. The only thing worth mentioning is that on the rear bumper, in order to have clearance for the Aluminess spare carrier, the shop who installed it for me had to tweak the driver side just a bit and it hangs a 1/2 inch or so lower. It's only noticeable when you look at it straight-on from the rear, but it hasn't annoyed me enough to want to do anything about it in two years (not sure if there's anything that could be done anyway).

Good looking van. Would you mind uploading a few more pics of the front bumper? Side profile, general protrusion from body etc?
expeditionnw is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2017, 05:43 PM   #25

Quote:
Originally Posted by expeditionnw View Post
Good looking van. Would you mind uploading a few more pics of the front bumper? Side profile, general protrusion from body etc?
Thanks. The bumpers, particularly the front, really transformed the appearance of the van. Here are a few more shots--hopefully shows you what you want to see. The front protrusion is not all that significant in front, and nothing more than stock side to side.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_7555.jpg   IMG_0728.jpg   IMG_8365.jpg   IMG_8103.jpg  
UnaccomplishedAngler is offline   Reply With Quote