Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-03-2022, 06:15 PM   #1

Garage
Econoline wall templates

Would anyone be interested in templates for the interior walls of E-series vans? Im a professional cabinet maker and have made templates that fit tight to the walls that can be cut out of 1/4 luan plywood and covered with material or stained. looks factory and not homemade. No need for framing out the wall around all the different elevations and undulations. Saves a ton of time, hassel and space on the interior and still have space for insulation. Not sure if anyone would be interested in purchasing the paper templates so im just testing the temperature of interest here.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1701.jpeg   IMG_1710.jpeg   IMG_1711.jpeg   IMG_1693.jpeg   IMG_1697.jpeg  

VOLT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2022, 07:56 PM   #2

What would be the cost of the templates? Are the templates for both the RB and EB models?
Old 07-03-2022, 08:26 PM   #3

Garage
They are made for the RB only right now. Cost would be $250.00 would be a paper template you would cut out and trace on your material. Windows are not in the template as they would be custom to your build. Drivers side is approx 9'. The plywood will flex into the curve of the van walls and fasten with self tapping metal screws along the horizontal rib only. No need for more screws at the top and bottom as the flex keeps it tight to the walls. Thanks Mike
Old 07-03-2022, 09:04 PM   #4

I would take set.
I have an EB. Could work with you on the extensions. Its currently gutted, so i can take pictures and show you the deltas. Could be as simple as "go 20 inches more rearwards"
desertsherpa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2022, 04:56 AM   #5

Garage
EB Template

Its possible, send me a picture of the rear from the wheel arch back to the tail light.
Old 07-04-2022, 04:59 AM   #6

Garage
Sure sounds like those templates would be very convenient for anyone embarking on a home build - would take out a lot of trail & error…as well as frustration!
Great idea VOLT.
Old 07-04-2022, 05:15 AM   #7

Garage
Yes indeed, i framed out the wall and created a oval return for a CL window as you can see in the photos but was not happy with it. Window return sill was like 5 inches deep. loads of issus of how to trim out the return and the perimeter of the skin so tore it all out. Lots of chin scratching and contemplation on how to deal with the unique elevation changes in the econoline. So came up with the template which ends up looking like a professional factory build. Note the use of from flex carpet around the rear and side door pillars. Nice, clean, easy way to terminate the template at those locations. I have a CCV pop top where I terminated the template to the indentation along the ceiling line,
Old 07-04-2022, 06:06 AM   #8

Garage
Insulation behind templated shin

Use Prodex not Reflectix. Far superior product and forms to the metal curves. Spray tacks on nicely. Use a 2 or 3" Thinsulate with integrated sound deadning fabric in the voids. Its all you'll ever need. Form the parameter around the template with Flexform carpet, spray tacked to the Prodex and or directly to the metal on the door pillar prior to installing the Template. Template designed fit tight to the curves and the Prodex will be interfering with the fit tolerances around the parmiter.
Old 07-04-2022, 11:41 AM   #9

I think there would be quite a market for these... especially if there was an EB version. Awesome to have them available for a reasonable price. Good work VOLT
2003 EB30 - Sold
bigriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-10-2022, 02:51 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by VOLT View Post
Would anyone be interested in templates for the interior walls of E-series vans? Im a professional cabinet maker and have made templates that fit tight to the walls that can be cut out of 1/4 luan plywood and covered with material or stained. looks factory and not homemade. No need for framing out the wall around all the different elevations and undulations. Saves a ton of time, hassel and space on the interior and still have space for insulation. Not sure if anyone would be interested in purchasing the paper templates so im just testing the temperature of interest here.
Perhaps but I have a Chateau so I have windows. What kind of pricing are you thinking?
ldyhseplr is offline   Reply With Quote