Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-11-2019, 07:05 PM   #31

For future reference,, do you have a battery recommendation for when I have to replace my current battery?

IG: @shreddie_bettie
PulseofdaNation is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2019, 07:31 PM   #32

Quote:
Originally Posted by PulseofdaNation View Post
For future reference,, do you have a battery recommendation for when I have to replace my current battery?
To be honest I have only run Lifeline in my Rig. It helps that I can pick one up less than 5 miles from my house. But, if and when my current lifeline dies and I don't go lithium, I would probably go with the Oasis Firefly, there are a couple of threads here: http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ery-22874.html And http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ies-19629.html

The Carbon Foam battery brings along some of the features of lithium, they can do 80% discharge and get the same cycle count as a standard AGM at 50%. They don't suffer from PSOC partial stage of charge, which is what you have been running into with your existing setup. Any capacity lost do to PSOC on the firefly is generally regained once you provide a good full charge.

It would take the full 50 amps of that charger.

-greg
Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-14-2019, 08:07 PM   #33

Thanks for all the info! Got the Samlex 1250 for $100 and just got it installed today with some tools AutoZone let me borrow.
Set the time to 8 hours and am currently running on the 25 amp setting since my AGM battery has a 35amp charging max. Now to find some good spots to plugin and get my battery back up to “full” charge!

IG: @shreddie_bettie
PulseofdaNation is offline   Reply With Quote