The sink cabinet is nearly finished. Doors and drawer front painted, hinges and elbow catches are installed. I need to do some touch up here and there, but its in and ready to use.
I removed the stock rear bumper today. Before taking out the last two nuts, I rested the bumper on a plank between two ladders. I was surprised how easily the nuts came off. I thought they would be seized on there.
After the bumper was off, I used a brass brush to slough off someloose paint and rust. Then I primed the areas with rustoleum.
In preparation for the Aluminess bumper, the upper door hinge pins need to be removed. Aluminess supplied thorough and clear instructions for this. Drill out the lower part of the hinge pin. This part is easy.
Now tap the pin up through. Not so easy. I tried a hammer and punch - for a long time. It never budged.
Sometimes you need a bigger hammer.
I stuck the punch in the hammer drill and the pins came out in about 2 seconds each. Before that I spent close to an hour banging on them with the hammer and punch. The upper part of the pin and hinge is splined and the fit is impressively tight.
With that out of the way I rested the new bumper on the receiver hitch and bolted it through the stock bumper slots. I didn't put the top support straps on yet, you can see one ready to be installed in this photo. I need to bend the support strap to offset to the right elevation. Maybe tomorrow.