Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2018, 02:41 PM   #31

I have ordered my fiberglass fenders and am looking for the paint code so I can try to match them to the rest of Falkor. I believe it's the Wimbledon White as opposed to the True White or Bright White. The first photo shows a True White Ford Transit next to my Wimbeldon White (??) E-350. I plan to keep the new fenders off until I can also put the lift on. Once the fenders and lift are on we plan to get some vinyl striping similar to the TransVan.

Also, since the move last month we have been living full-time out of the Van. We still have to store all of the band gear under the bed until our spot opens up July 1, so it's been a crazy month so far. If we didn't have all of our music gear under the bed it would certainly be a lot easier Looking forward to getting our spot in July so I can finish building the under-bed cabinets, overhead storage and dinette. By end of July/beginning of August I should have Falkor pretty much where I want it: Lift, 33's, Built interior, Storage for 4 and a dog, Sleeps 3+, Aux lighting, tow hitch front and back.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_1944.jpg   trans van.jpg  

Old 06-21-2018, 11:43 PM   #32

Check the door jam sticker for the paint code.
And had three other E350s...
Bbasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2018, 01:57 PM   #33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bbasso View Post
Check the door jam sticker for the paint code.
Thanks Bbasso!
Old 09-28-2018, 11:55 AM   #34

Here's a little update for anyone following along:

Weldtec fenders were installed (unpainted for now since we're still deciding what color we want to do on the body). Ultimately decided that $2k on a the Ocotillo Cruiser kit was money I could put elsewhere in the build and living expenses (San Diego is not cheap).

I have a set of Moog CC880s and HD Bilstein B6 shocks that I picked up from Bilstein in Poway waiting to be installed. I've also done a few junkyard trips and picked up a spare carrier from an econoline based RV and a stinger/winch bumper from a TJ jeep. I'll be fabbing something up to get the bumper to work, but it shouldn't be an issue. I was going to just trim the front bumper to fit bigger tires, but ended up finding the bumper and got a good deal on it. If it doesn't work I know I can sell it to a jeeper for more than I paid for it.

We're no longer living in the van full-time, but sometimes wish we were for how much we pay for our tiny studio. After being in there full-time since the beginning of May (5 months) I've definitely learned what's working in the van and what needs to be changed. I think by December I will have everything buttoned up and about 95% done, because nothing is ever 100% on a project
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2598.jpg   IMG_2696.jpg  
Old 10-27-2018, 07:22 PM   #35

Looks like you and I have highroofs from the same manufacturer, although you have the tall side doors while I have the tall back doors. Same blocky profile though, with about 74" of interior height. Does your van have any info on who made the top or who did the upfitting? I'm assuming they were two different companies. I'd really like to know who made mine and have contacted Fiberine, who tells me it is not one of theirs. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide and good luck with your project.
Click image for larger version

Name:	Debbie1.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	36.6 KB
ID:	23578

Click image for larger version

Name:	Debbie2.JPG
Views:	4
Size:	36.4 KB
ID:	23579
campism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-29-2018, 09:26 AM   #36

Quote:
Originally Posted by campism View Post
Looks like you and I have highroofs from the same manufacturer, although you have the tall side doors while I have the tall back doors. Same blocky profile though, with about 74" of interior height. Does your van have any info on who made the top or who did the upfitting? I'm assuming they were two different companies. I'd really like to know who made mine and have contacted Fiberine, who tells me it is not one of theirs. Thanks in advance for any info you can provide and good luck with your project.

@Campism I wish I knew who made the top. The school district we bought it from had no clue about any details of the van. The only distinguishable marking on the van is a small silver tag behind the passenger rear fender that says "Viking" but I'm pretty sure that is just the manufacturer of the wheelchair lift that was installed when we bought it.

This is the only thing relevant that google found about viking vans:

https://www.ebth.com/items/2118678-1...heelchair-lift

I've seen one other E-350 locally that has the same top, but that's it. It's a retired medical transport vehicle. If I ever see the owner I'll ask him if he knows
Old 10-29-2018, 05:31 PM   #37

There's a Dodge with a similar roof in town here but it has a bus door configuration on the passenger front (one long door cut high up into the roof and a step down low below the rocker panel) and is set up as a shuttle for a kids' hospital. I assume they bought the vehicle new so they might actually have records. I'll check with them and let you know what I find out.
Old 11-01-2018, 03:30 PM   #38

https://offerup.com/item/detail/570242133/

Found these locally for after the new suspension is in. What do you guys think of Mastercraft? Never heard of them or used them. All I know is they are a sub company of Cooper.
Old 11-06-2018, 11:39 AM   #39

A little teaser of this weekend's project. I'll post some more info and photos when I get my new camera next week. Definitely handles the twisties better and we'll see how the setup works off-road later this month.

FYI:
Moog CC880S Front Coils
Bilstein 33-176857 B6 HD Shock Absorber
Bilstein 33-187570 B6 HD Shock Absorber

Did the install Sunday and had a local shop do alignment Monday. Everything is in spec with the current tires, but I will be doing another alignment once I get the 265's or 285's put on. I'm still not 100% sure which tires I'm going with.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_2986.jpg  
Old 11-06-2018, 06:00 PM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by campism View Post
There's a Dodge with a similar roof in town here but it has a bus door configuration on the passenger front (one long door cut high up into the roof and a step down low below the rocker panel) and is set up as a shuttle for a kids' hospital. I assume they bought the vehicle new so they might actually have records. I'll check with them and let you know what I find out.
I drove by Children's Hospital this evening and the van was parked on the street so I got some pix. Roof looks very similar but modified to accommodate the different door configuration I mentioned before. Saw a Braun sticker on one window but I do not know if they only did the lift install, the bus-type entry setup or the whole deal. I'll contact Braun and ask them and also follow up with the hospital.
Attached Thumbnails
Braun1.JPG   Braun2.JPG   Braun3.JPG   Braun4.JPG