Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-12-2020, 06:51 AM   #1

Fastening Fixtures to Floor?

I'm curious as to what methods people are using to fasten their "furnishings" to their plywood floor.

I'm particularly concerned about my Norcold AC/DC refrigerator, which, at about 75#, is no lightweight. I'm thinking it should probably be through bolted. I'd hate to have it break loose in a panic stop or crash.

How about the other fixtures, bed bases, etc? I don't think they're as susceptible to breaking loose. "L" brackets and screws? How about threaded inserts in the plywood floor?

I should probably add that this is a minimal build and I'd like to have the flexibility of removing things for hauling or passengers.

BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:36 AM   #2

I installed l track width wise and used the stud mounts to attach the cabinets. The fridge will be bolted to the cabinet base and sandwiched in there.
Attached Thumbnails
FCD0F9AD-8E44-462E-BC6A-7612AC05D0D1.jpg   56C27568-0A13-460E-B9E8-E7ED640F8A1A.jpg  
BUFFALO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-12-2020, 09:58 AM   #3

Garage
My bed frame is done via L brackets. Thinking the cabinets and other fixtures will be the same with some also attached to the floor, anchored to the bed, and or the ceiling.
Old 10-12-2020, 01:01 PM   #4

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BCam View Post
...I should probably add that this is a minimal build and I'd like to have the flexibility of removing things for hauling or passengers.
Nothing says flexibility and easy removal like L-track. I also need to be able to haul things - and passengers - and the L-track lets you put things where you want, when you want. As I build it out, I can move elements around to accommodate my needs. I’m building a sink module now that will be firmly attached yet easily removable.