Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 07-17-2017, 12:59 PM   #241

Looking great Tim. Keep up the good work.

wl1193 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 05:00 PM   #242

Thanks for for the pictures. Looks great! Just wondering how you finished off the edges along the back door and the side door? I see you put the plywood on top of the factory plastic step as did I, I'm not sure how to finish off the edge now. I was thinking of wrapping the material over the edge and nailing or stapling it on the bottom of the plywood so the material covers the edge but idk how that would work. I see people using thin aluminum angle material but i made that step area rounded not 90 degree corner like most people. I made it look more like the rounded step
Gh0ztkid21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2017, 07:23 PM   #243

My plywood floor runs up to the factor sills in the rear and at the barn doors. I then beveled and sanded those edges. The flooring then tucks under the factory sills. Instead of the janky factory plastic rivet thingies I drilled out the holes and put rivnuts in and used #10 flathead stainless screws with stainless cup washers. When I put the floor down I had to use extra glue on those rollover spots and put weights along the top and clamp the flooring with the sills. There's a couple floaty spots in mine, but that's me being overly critical of my mess ups on my first build.

Pro tip: install the flooring on a warm day and let it relax in the sun. In areas where you gotta mold and stretch, a heat gun helps out.
Old 07-18-2017, 02:28 PM   #244

Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
Skip to 1:30 for the awning fun.

https://youtu.be/jkCDdjJznQM
I know it's a Robin Williams movie, but did anyone else notice the slide on that Class A tipping outwards on that hard turn at about 1:19?
Old 07-18-2017, 02:33 PM   #245

Oh, and thanks Flux for rebuilding the photo posts!

Cheers,
Brent
Old 08-03-2017, 10:46 PM   #246

Progress Slow, Endless Details, Another 105 degree weekend and not easy to work outside and it warped some of my panels, but they are going in anyway. Wilsonart Asian Night over 1/2" Baltic Birch stained black and held together with 8020 mill finish 15 Series.

How to make a mess in your garage? Router. How to Clean it up?? Leaf Blower

Looks really nice, too bad it's gonna get hacked up with doors and vents etc. But the little bit of storage there will be a good thing.

Old 08-04-2017, 08:45 AM   #247

Garage
Looking great Flux, bummer it warped. Can't tell in the pics though so it must not be too bad.
nemesisnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 09:00 AM   #248

Thanks Nemesis. It's Not too terrible, I just got the plywood a little too hot when I was staining it and some of the parts kind of warped. This build is a series of learning experiences for the most part. There's a lot of little screw ups and less than stellar outcomes, but I am still very happy with it. Kind of shooting for the Eurovan/Airstream type look with the cabinets.
Old 08-04-2017, 09:12 AM   #249

Looks amazing!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2017, 11:47 AM   #250

Thanks Scotty. I remember someone here mentioning that they would love to see something other than the standard wood grains etc. I was gonna go with a pattern, but the black stained bamboo look fit really nice with everything. Good thing is any of this can be redone. I feel like this might be a trial run on some things and the future might be different after we use the van and maybe want to try other things.