Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-08-2023, 02:48 PM   #141

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charliesmom View Post
Me too. I tried to purchase one from England, but it needs 240 V. Truma USA said that a 110 compatible unit was not available. Ironically, my wall controller states on the front, “INet X ready.”
Have you tried going back through Sportsmobile to see if they could get you the I Net X controller? You are at an advantage that it was installed by a licensed dealer.

-greg

Scalf77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2023, 06:57 PM   #142

Finished the stove - refrigerator cabinet

After getting the stove plumbed it was time to finish the cabinet. I got some time to install middle drawer unit in stove - refrigerator cabinet.

The garbage can is the only one claimed at the moment,

On to the doors for the other cabinets.

-greg
Old 03-19-2023, 02:33 PM   #143

Nice looking build! I just found the NashFuel remote too as a solution on where to put our tank. With a 6' hose it could be mounted pretty much anywhere under the van.

I think your internet solutions is really good. On our TT I had bought a omni-directional antenna that was routed to a Netgear mobile hotspot. It actually worked really well but the problem was the fixed data. $50 for 50GB. A few nights of streaming and you are done. You can add on 10GB for $10 but thats where they get you

Who are you using for ISP? Sorry if I missed it. Nomad?
h.grenade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2023, 11:50 AM   #144

Quote:
Originally Posted by h.grenade View Post

Who are you using for ISP? Sorry if I missed it. Nomad?
I am just using my AT&T account at the moment, It has worked fine for the limited use lately. In the long run I will probably going in the direction of Starlink.

greg
Old 03-20-2023, 12:53 PM   #145

Why I like the Victron Cerbo

While watching some basketball over the weekend, I brought up old program that I wrote to read information from my Morningstar Tristar-60 Solar controller. This controller used Modbus-TCP as a protocol, and the great thing about the Cerbo GX is that uses Modbus-TCP. Modbus is very convenient in that you can read multiple registers at once, so it simplifies the call to the device.

So I took the old program as a starting point, and developed one for my Victron stuff. They have an excel sheet that gives you all the registers that are available , what post processing you will need to do and such, so pretty easy.

So this is my test example program ( visual studios C# program). Being that I am using pretty much all Victron or Victron supported devices they were all available. In my old Sportsmobile had to use multiple protocols to get all the similar data ( multiple serial ports, both 232 and 485, Modbus and more. Here I just used the local IP for the Cerbo, and pretty much get the data I want.

-greg

I know it may be a little overly geeky excitement, but I remember how much coding went into getting that data on my old van. Plus, it is fun to push the brain a little.
Old 03-20-2023, 02:41 PM   #146

Garage
That’s pretty impressive. I have to look at multiple apps to get most of that input. (Victron 712 BMS, Moat temp sensors, iPhone or InReach for GPS) and still use a visible line for the “Full” level on my water tank. Geek is good, but geeky excitement is great!

2019 Transit 350 HR Eco Quigley 4X4
“Vandemic”
Charliesmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2023, 07:57 PM   #147

MobileMule update

Ok, a little update to the MobileMule Camera system, actually not to the MobileMule DVR, but the monitor. The monitor has a touchscreen input and HDMI input, so I decided to hook up an external computer.

In my old van, I got into the carputer phase, for entertainment.

I have most of those features now built into the sync system, so I didn’t see the need. But one of the things I missed was a rearview camera page “minicam”.

Because the carputer software “Riderunner” allowed you to write plugins to display various things, I ended up with a lot of code that interfaced with my equipment. Here you can also see the data I was able to get from my Presurepro tire monitoring system.

I also communicated with my magnum inverter, tristar solar controller, and battery monitors. They all had different interfaces; the Tristar controller communicated with the modbus protocol. After producing plugins for the Riderunner program I finally wrote a program using the same methods for my tablet.

Recently I was playing around with getting data from my Victron Cerbo GX via their Modbus interface. I decided to rewrite my old SMB Status program. That program was a little complicated as it had so many different interfaces to talk to. For the quick rewrite, I only needed the Modbus protocol, much easier.
The goal of was to provide data on the various systems in the van while driving. The Mobilemule has a secondary output, so I ran this into a USB video capture device. I had an old PC stick laying around to run the program in the van.

On the bottom left-hand side, I have battery information, and altitude. I have the top section reserved for data from my Wakespeed alternator control. This will become active when I get the second alternator installed.

I was just going to do this single purpose view, but once I started, I just revamped the old program and added the video input.

This is the start page, the individual pictures will take you directly to that device page, or you can go left or right. The design is to work with a touch screen.From Left to right we hit the Lithionics Battery. The data on the right is from the BMS, that battery is hooked to the Victron Cerbo via the Can-bus connection. On the right of the screen, I am still running a Victron smart shunt, for a secondary battery monitor. It gives me more historical data than is provided just by the BMS.

From their we move to the Victron SmartSolar MPPT controller. I redundantly put some of the battery data also.

The next page is the place to capture the tank data and temperatures. It will record the hi and low temperatures for the time it is running.

After that we have the Multiplus-II page.

I then move to the Wakespeed monitor, for the moment I put the items that were in the Cerbo Modbus document. Again, for convenience I also have some battery data.

And the purpose of revamping the program is the mirror page. At the moment I just show the one data panel. It is possible that I will cycle through some on a timer.

And the last page is the place to keep documentation. This hopefully keeps all the pertinent information handy.

-greg
Old 04-16-2023, 02:18 PM   #148

Doors for the cabinets

Back to real work. It was getting time to start finish up some things, so that means putting doors on the cabinets. To keep them as light as possible, I just made quarter " panel doors. In keeping with my theme the outside rails and stiles are maple the panel is painted white.

I use a router to make these, here is the coping sled I use for the rails.

Before gluing up I run a quick coat of finish on the inside edges, and place the appropriate number of space balls to help hold the panels (without rattles).

And finally move to glue up.

Then we router out the inset, some sanding, and finish and we are ready for install.

I still have a couple of doors to go, and I may make a larger one for the bathroom /shower

-greg
Old 04-16-2023, 02:33 PM   #149

Garage
Nice work Greg.
Old 04-16-2023, 07:44 PM   #150

Quote:
Originally Posted by marret View Post
Nice work Greg.
Thanks Chris,
It was fun to produce some sawdust this week.

I forgot to add the lid supports that hold the doors open.

I found these LC LICTOP 6 Pcs Soft Close Lid Support 80N Hydraulic Gas Spring Cabinet Door Safety Lift Support (Black) on Amazon.

For the latch, the wife voted for push the button and pull, versus push the button, turn and pull. So I used these Cabinet Push Knob Latch that I found at Wilderness Vans.

and being that my face frames are built out of 1/2" maple and the doors are inset they were perfect.