Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-07-2020, 12:47 PM   #11

Looks good! Any chance you saved the carpet? Mine is beat and I've been wanting to replace it.

Old 10-07-2020, 05:21 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikracer View Post
Looks good! Any chance you saved the carpet? Mine is beat and I've been wanting to replace it.
I did not, CCV took it out when they installed the new floor. If you want the front and rear bumpers though you can have those. Weldtec is going to take them off and I don't want them.
BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2020, 10:23 PM   #13

Honestly -- I bought a stainless set of up-pipes on ebay for like $54 bucks... brand was CSPS.. they're working great and installed easily.

I was going to get expensive up-pipes -- but the job is so easy on the van, I assumed I'd save a couple bucks and see if the cheap ones work. They do and are working great!!

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Ford-7-3L-P...72.m2749.l2649
winnievan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2020, 11:53 AM   #14

Congrats. That's a very clean looking rig, inside and out. I see you're using the Dometic CFX3-100 as you fridge. How do you like its performance? I'm considering that model to replace my built-in Norcold 2cu ft unit as supplied by SMB.
Old 10-12-2020, 10:38 AM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by porschedpm View Post
Congrats. That's a very clean looking rig, inside and out. I see you're using the Dometic CFX3-100 as you fridge. How do you like its performance? I'm considering that model to replace my built-in Norcold 2cu ft unit as supplied by SMB.
I actually haven't used it yet haha. Van went straight from CCV to Weldtec. Once I get it back and do a trip or two I will let you know how it works!
Old 10-22-2020, 11:50 AM   #16

Picked Forrest up from Weldtec yesterday... looks absolutely incredible. Ended up going with the bronze Con6 method wheels which I never thought I would do bronze but I love the end result.

I had Jeremy add a front hoop to the bumper which again turned out great! Their dual swing out rear bumper is also just super heavy duty. Honestly there is no comparison to the aluminess rear bumper. Having used both it is night and day different.

He did the full 6" front end suspension package (new bent I-beams, radius arms, coils, fox reservoir shocks) and new leaf springs for the rear end with fox shocks. ARB on-board air compressor with rear air locker, re-geared to 4.10.

Could not be any happier with the final product. Only thing that isn't quite right is the slider extender isn't long enough to clear the tires. He ended up adding 1.5" spacers to the rear which I think caused the issue. Plan is for me to take it home for the weekend to install the fender flares and do some interior work and then bring it back down to him later for a longer slider extender that will clear both the tire and bushwacker flare.
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_9976.jpg   IMG_9985.jpg   IMG_9987.jpg   IMG_9989.jpg   IMG_3705.jpg  

Old 10-22-2020, 11:52 AM   #17

more pictures
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3693.jpg   IMG_3692.jpg   IMG_3702.jpg   IMG_3701.jpg   IMG_3695.jpg  

Old 10-22-2020, 12:00 PM   #18

As good as I think it looks now, I have a set of bushwacker fender flares and a new front grill that I painted with black raptor liner to install which will make it look even better. Also have a set of Vantage optic headlights to put on. I'll post more pictures once I have it all on.
Old 10-22-2020, 01:58 PM   #19

Garage
Looks great! bet you're excited to just get out and do something in it...anything!

Those Vantage Optics headlights will transform you're night time driving experience.
Old 10-22-2020, 02:03 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Looks great! bet you're excited to just get out and do something in it...anything!

Those Vantage Optics headlights will transform you're night time driving experience.
Oh yeah! End of this month we have a trip planned out in Anza Borrego, then Mojave Preserve early November, and then Big Sur for Thanksgiving. Just need to make sure everything works by then. Going to be a busy weekend.