Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-25-2021, 09:33 AM   #51

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc View Post
Such a great build, awesome work.

If you were to build full height cabinets with that aluminum framing and marine paneling, how would you suggest you’d contour the wall side of the cabinet as it comes inward as it goes up the wall?

Thank you.
I would contour the marine paneling piece to match the shape of the wall and have no aluminum frame against the wall. Then just make sure there is enough framing inside of the cabinet that is not along the exposed face to support the structure.
Attached Thumbnails
Contour.PNG  

BenJJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 10:09 AM   #52

Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJJ View Post
I would contour the marine paneling piece to match the shape of the wall and have no aluminum frame against the wall. Then just make sure there is enough framing inside of the cabinet that is not along the exposed face to support the structure.
Much appreciated
leblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2021, 01:59 PM   #53

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BenJJ View Post
...Also the size of it is just incredible. Can hold 153 12oz cans (thats off their website I didn't test it myself)...
That's the kind of statement that begs to be challenged. A day for travel to an isolated spot, then a 12pk per day (sounds reasonable) - So you'd need 12 days to challenge the manufactures claim, and a day to sober up before driving home.
If you cant take that much time off at once, call me and I'll gladly serve as the double to pitch in - we'd just test the theory in half the time.
Old 01-25-2021, 02:19 PM   #54

Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
That's the kind of statement that begs to be challenged. A day for travel to an isolated spot, then a 12pk per day (sounds reasonable) - So you'd need 12 days to challenge the manufactures claim, and a day to sober up before driving home.
If you cant take that much time off at once, call me and I'll gladly serve as the double to pitch in - we'd just test the theory in half the time.
That is an incredible idea. Now to just convince the wife to watch both kids so I can drink 150 beers in the desert....
Old 01-26-2021, 09:37 AM   #55

Ben, would it be fairly easy to build and install drawers in this setup? I imagine you could frame out a drawer using maybe L-channel aluminum and install sliders and mount those to the frame of the cabinet?
leblanc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2021, 10:24 AM   #56

Quote:
Originally Posted by leblanc View Post
Ben, would it be fairly easy to build and install drawers in this setup? I imagine you could frame out a drawer using maybe L-channel aluminum and install sliders and mount those to the frame of the cabinet?
Yeah I think it would be pretty easy. If you look a few pages back I mocked up a pair of drawers to go underneath the fridge using the same materials. When i originally did it I forgot to include space for the sliders. here is how I plan to do it with sliders included. Basically just flip the side aluminum pieces so the flange gives you 3/4" offset for the drawer slide to nest in. other side would mount to the stationary frame. You could do whatever you want for the latches, but I really like the big flush mount paddle latches which when positioned right snap right into the extruded aluminum flange.

We are in the middle of a move right now, but once we are settled in at our new place I have all the materials on hand to build the drawers.
Attached Thumbnails
drawers open.jpg   slider close up.jpg   latch close up.jpg   Rear Pull-Outs Closed.jpg   latch closed.jpg  

Old 01-26-2021, 09:05 PM   #57
MSD

Garage

The message you have entered is too short. Please lengthen your message to at least 10 characters
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote