Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-15-2017, 09:54 AM   #1

Frankie - 95 7.3 High Top

I have a thread going in the welcome mat but thought I would move the build thread over here to a more appropriate location. Check out my intro if you are interested:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ild-18669.html

ANYWAY.....
Does anyone know where to source a sway bar like this? The rig pictured is a 4x4 van ambulance. The sway bar on my van has long drop links that put the bar and end links way down in harms ways. PO had it off the van but with the high camper top its somewhat of a necessity and really helps keep the van settled when hitting big imperfections at speed while going around a curve.

Got to the table last night. Decided to just move the front leg to someplace slightly less than ideal rather than notch and gusset the frame. Much better idea, I dont know what I was thinking. I still need to remove the velcro for the cushion and put it on the other side of the seat back/table/bed base and make a strap for the cushion to go over the top so the velcro is not on the table top. I am also going to finish the table top so it is easier to clean and play games on.

Next project is window coverings. Thinking rigid insulation covered in fabric. I have the perfect place to store them between the cusions of the top bed while not in use and they should cut down my heating requirements while giving privacy. The windows are the only portion of the van (with the exception of the back doors) that are uninsulated. Running heat makes the top bed uncomfortably warm while the rest of the van is moderate. If I can get away from needing heat most of the time I will be a happy camper as I sleep up top while my wife who runs cold sleeps below with our daughter.

swedishSTile is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-15-2017, 10:33 AM   #2

Garage
I like what you did with the child seat mount. Can you get some pictures up of the set up complete? We were trying to think of a way to do the same for our rear dinette. I ended up installing a jump seat for my son's seat.
Old 02-15-2017, 11:04 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugee View Post
I like what you did with the child seat mount. Can you get some pictures up of the set up complete? We were trying to think of a way to do the same for our rear dinette. I ended up installing a jump seat for my son's seat.
We are going out this weekend and I will have to have the seat off at night. I will take some pictures and post them up tuesday of next week. What pictures do you want exatly? I can take pictures of how I bolted it below and pictures of the frame inside of the seat/storage box. The only difference mounted is the strap, I used bigger cam buckle strap rather than the ratchet strap, otherwise the installed configuration is identical.

I have not added the D ring to the floor so for now the tether strap is anchored to the front seat.

I thought about doing a jump seat but I could not find any decent quick release hardware and I didnt want to spend the time designing some nor pay a machinist to fabricate them. Having a permanently installed jump seat does not serve my needs well.

If you can weld or have a buddy who can, you can accomplish a lot of tasks on vehicles for very cheap, especially simple structural stuff like seats, anchors, frames etc.
Old 02-27-2017, 03:47 PM   #4

New shoes. Black Rock 997's in 16x8 shod in 305/70r16 Hankook Dynapro ATM RF10's. The wheel/tire package was a bargain at $1600 out the door for five including road hazard certificates. I love Americas tire. It was between the hankooks and the Falken Wildpeaks. I have the wildpeaks on my truck and am very happy with them but figured I would change it up again and grab the hankooks. Just need some fender flares now. The backs sit pretty wide on the dually axle. I considered doing a different offset wheel in the rear or all the way around and then spacing the front back out but i didnt want to deal different front/rear or the spacers so it is what it is.

Old 02-27-2017, 03:52 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lugee View Post
Sorry I didnt get you any photos, you never responded to what you wanted specifically. Alternatively, I live in Mission Viejo and work in Irvine. If you are near that in OC you could always come check out what I did. Just a thought.
Old 02-28-2017, 11:35 AM   #6

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by swedishSTile View Post
Sorry I didnt get you any photos, you never responded to what you wanted specifically. Alternatively, I live in Mission Viejo and work in Irvine. If you are near that in OC you could always come check out what I did. Just a thought.
I'll try to stop by some time. I am in MV also.