Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-12-2015, 03:30 AM   #11
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRigBert View Post
The Truck Camper I currently have does have thermopane windows. After doing a little resaerch (looking at the sticker on the window) I found that they are made by Sun-View Industries. http://www.sunviewindustries.ca/.
these windows are made specifically for RV's and I noticed a big difference. I travel all year long and go Ice Climbing in the Upper Peninsula of Michigan so I want to insulate as best as possible. It looks like from Sun-view's website they are all special order. I'll let you know after I call them.
Thanks so much for that info BRB----interesting! Obviously these units are new to me, it would be interesting knowing their construction techniques and materials used for the Camper/RV market.

Also curious if their special orders allows custom sizes too?

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 09:24 AM   #12

Another place that does a lot of RV and boat windows is Motion Windows (aka Peninsula Glass). They are in the PNW.
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 02:27 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Viva View Post
The Grey Ghost looks great! I love that high top.
Thanks Viva, I was very impressed with Sportsmobile's work. They used Reflectix and then lined it with an interior cloth. I'm going to pull it out and install my vents, ladder rungs, roof rack and some dimmable lights when I can find some.

Here's some interior pics or the Transit high-top. Kleenex box for size reference.

They had put a shelf all the way around the inside where the high-top meets the van, I took it out and will use part of once my cabinetry is in.

BigRigBert
2008 E-350 EB "The Grey Ghost"
2008 BMW GS Adventure
2007 Silverado w/2007 Arctic Fox Truck Camper (both truck and camper will be up for sale when the Van is livable)
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_3468.jpg   IMG_3472.jpg   IMG_3469.jpg  
BigRigBert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-12-2015, 07:33 PM   #14

Wow, now I like it even more. You could live in that overcab space where the Kleenex box is, for Pete's sake! If my SMB had been a high top I'd still be tooling around in it. Maybe one will find me one of these days
Viva is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-19-2015, 11:41 AM   #15

Thermopane Windows- So I've called Sun-View Industries. They have a few thermopane windows in stock but do mostly custom. They have any thickness in 1/8" increments up to 2 1/2". They have different tints (clear, light grey and dark grey) and different trims (white or black). They had a couple that will work for me so I ordered them. 2 / 15x36 cost $198.55 and around $110 to ship. They were very helpful on the phone.

Dimmable LED RV Lights- I called LED4RV.com, again very helpful. They have lots of lights and dimmers for RV lights.

BigRigBert
BigRigBert is offline   Reply With Quote