Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-31-2017, 10:42 PM   #21

I just had a top installed CCV. Matt is gone now. I made my deposit/reservation with him in May. Had a drop of date of 8/7. Said he would contact me again after the 4th. Was a little worried I never heard anything. Crossed my fingers and just showed up on 8/7. No problems at all. They even did some windows, installed alluminess arm/box and a Espar that weren't discussed when I made deposit.. I dealt with a young lady named Amber mostly but dealt with Derek a bit as well. Everybody really cool. I think Amber is taking Matt's place or filling in??? They were most def swamped! They are turning a lot out. Not just tops lots of interiors. I actually left a VM 2 days ago about a box of missing parts I left in the van for popout windows. Still haven't received a response. Got the windows but no popout levers which I'm bummed about! They actually almost gave me someones else stuff when I p/u my van. I had tell them it wasn't mine. The top is well worth it for sure. Also Chris at ujoint just got that van when I p/u mine from him. Its a tent top with a Vancompass lift?? no 4x4. His plan is to rent it out.

keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 08:47 AM   #22

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keytothestone View Post
I just had a top installed CCV. Matt is gone now. I made my deposit/reservation with him in May. Had a drop of date of 8/7. Said he would contact me again after the 4th. .
How did you get it done so quickly? I made a deposit 2 months earlier than you and our drop off date is October 16th.
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:01 AM   #23

I have know idea????? Matt said they were 8 weeks out on top installs, and took the 1st one he offered. That is strange??? Maybe you made the depo when they were at there old smaller facility??? Not sure when the new one they are at now opened.
Old 09-01-2017, 09:19 AM   #24

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by keytothestone View Post
I have know idea????? Matt said they were 8 weeks out on top installs, and took the 1st one he offered. That is strange??? Maybe you made the depo when they were at there old smaller facility??? Not sure when the new one they are at now opened.
When we first put down our deposit, he did mention that they were moving to a bigger spot and there was a possibility of getting it done sooner. I guess he dropped the ball on that one.

Well, anyway, right after my last post, they called me back. I could tell from her voice that she was pretty stressed out. She said they are extremely busy. She answered most of my questions and told me she would find the info I needed.

I'm considering having them build me a roof rack. Do any of you have a rack from them? is it worth paying $1200 for it? I was planning to get an Aluminess rack, but Aluminess told me they won't do it for a CCV top.
Wanderlust Bus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:37 AM   #25

Well that's good to hear! I did not get a rack. After having a FWC for so long I'm trying to keep as much inside the van as I can. With the big top I can squeeze 5 surfboards between the bed and top. I did have them add Yakima tracks so i could add solar and not glue or make any more holes in the top than necessary. I did this same solar setup on my my FwC using old Yakima rack parts.
Attached Thumbnails
20170831_162500.jpg  
Old 09-01-2017, 09:41 AM   #26

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wanderlust Bus View Post
When we first put down our deposit, he did mention that they were moving to a bigger spot and there was a possibility of getting it done sooner. I guess he dropped the ball on that one.

Well, anyway, right after my last post, they called me back. I could tell from her voice that she was pretty stressed out. She said they are extremely busy. She answered most of my questions and told me she would find the info I needed.

I'm considering having them build me a roof rack. Do any of you have a rack from them? is it worth paying $1200 for it? I was planning to get an Aluminess rack, but Aluminess told me they won't do it for a CCV top.
That sounds about right.. They're customer service is terrible, but I do believe Derek wants to do right by his customers!

REF has a CCV rack, he's pretty happy with it I think.
rallypanam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:42 AM   #27
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 225 View Post
Looks like I need to hurry up on my pop top design I've been working on.....

Currently there are 3 on the market with SMB, CCV & Opt Overland so there's room. Not sure the MG's plans are but I have a feeling something is in the works but my guess is for the transit. If you do come to the table with a product make sure it's 100% ironed out or you could be dead in the water fast. It's always great to see new products come to market & it drives other to improve on there's... looking forward to seeing it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #28

Since I was one of the first Colorado Camper Van customers on my old blue van I feel I can say this. I have brought him tons of business and given him plenty myself. Also, i should first say that I think Derek and his wife are great people.
So, here goes. This place is a disaster. Totally disorganized. I can't believe the stuff I read. Don't leave ANYTHING in your van if you take it somewhere for work! It's not likely to be there when you pick up. Plus, it will be filthy and 90% done. If Derek would frequent the forums from time to time or have some kind of review system perhaps he would realize by now the need for quality control. He needs to take some of that pile of money he's making by being swamped all the time and hire some serious people for accounting, scheduling, quality control, etc. The truth is that people really do care about the little things on these toys when spending this kind of cash. Some customers may not care but I think most do. We have to live with horrible customer service in a lot of ways in this country, mostly dealing with people who don't speak English but are selling us most of the crap we buy. Well, this dude DOES speak English. He hears the complaints, and must not care or have an eye for detail. For YEARS people have been complaining.

It's just a shame to see a business run like this. But, perhaps he just doesn't care.

YMMV, but beware.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 09:45 AM   #29
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
thats awesome of you to offer to do that for him msd, seriously.

and x2 rally. id score 3-4 outta 10 as well.

I look at us as extended family... really we are a pretty small group so if we can lend a helping hand then we should. It's also pay it forward. I've had others on the forum be very helpful & help me out. That's what's so wonderful about this group.

1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2017, 01:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
Currently there are 3 on the market with SMB, CCV & Opt Overland so there's room. Not sure the MG's plans are but I have a feeling something is in the works but my guess is for the transit. If you do come to the table with a product make sure it's 100% ironed out or you could be dead in the water fast. It's always great to see new products come to market & it drives other to improve on there's... looking forward to seeing it.

I have a prototype that's 100% ready.

I built it just for me. I'm talking about a plug, then mold, then top. And a lift mechanism for it. I just ave other things going on, and not sure if it would be worth it.

The only thing that I have going for me is I live 5 miles from UJOR.

I hope CCV gets it together and make his customers happy.
225 is offline   Reply With Quote