Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-04-2021, 10:08 AM   #131

Garage
Thanks Todd.

It's a passenger van. I plan to add a vent to the side pod where both heat and air are directed. Need to fabricate an adapter for the odd shaped output ports of heat and air into 3" flexible ducting hose. Current plan is to cut up a small plastic trash can for material and with liberal use of duct tape create the adapters.

Lyall

LastBlackE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 07:47 PM   #132

I don't know if I missed it but what is the headroom? Outstanding job I like to see the self buit keep up the good work maybe it will encourage others to tackle their own.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:06 PM   #133

Thanks for replying, Lyall. Way beyond my skillset but really fun/inspiring to see other people create their vans.

Is that a nice air-cooled 911 I see in one of your pics?

Where are you in Seattle?
Old 02-04-2021, 08:29 PM   #134

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardifftodd View Post
Hi Lyall,
It looks like that was a passenger van. I have a RB passenger the AC unit in the driver side rear and vents on ceiling.... is there a way to re-route the AC if you put a high top on like yours? Really nice looking van you have.
-Todd
I also have a passenger van w AC and chose to keep a little of the original headliner in order to pipe the AC. Made an end cap with 2 vents and since there are fewer vents these 2 blow hard enough we can feel from the front seats.
Lyall- the build is looking great. Love the side cabinets and bed platform set up.
Attached Thumbnails
20190829_104040.jpg  
Oly11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2021, 08:41 PM   #135

Oly11 - that looks amazing! I think that is similar to what CCV did when they installed the pop top on forum member Ben's van.

All these killer vans in WA! I have a lake house not too far from you guys.. Mason Lake out between Shelton and Belfair. We're up there in the summer.
Old 02-05-2021, 11:04 AM   #136

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
I don't know if I missed it but what is the headroom? Outstanding job I like to see the self buit keep up the good work maybe it will encourage others to tackle their own.

Headroom is 6' because of floor and hightop insulation. Was 6'3" metal floor to top when delivered.

Thanks Vanimal, other builds on this forum inspired me so I decided to share my efforts to nudge others.

Lyall
Old 02-05-2021, 11:09 AM   #137

Garage
Quote:
Thanks for replying, Lyall. Way beyond my skillset but really fun/inspiring to see other people create their vans.

Is that a nice air-cooled 911 I see in one of your pics?

Where are you in Seattle?
LOL, that's the reflection of my wives cream puff 1987 Carrera. We're south end dwellers midway between Seattle and Tacoma.

Lyall
Old 02-05-2021, 11:15 AM   #138

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oly11 View Post
I also have a passenger van w AC and chose to keep a little of the original headliner in order to pipe the AC. Made an end cap with 2 vents and since there are fewer vents these 2 blow hard enough we can feel from the front seats.
Lyall- the build is looking great. Love the side cabinets and bed platform set up.
Thanks Oly11, your build seems to moving along nicely. I thought about retaining some of the upper headliner and vents like you but the bed platform won't let it work. I did harvest all of ceiling vents from my original headliner and have the original pipe from AC to the ceiling for a pattern.

Lyall
Old 02-05-2021, 11:58 AM   #139

Garage
Quote:
All these killer vans in WA! I have a lake house not too far from you guys.. Mason Lake out between Shelton and Belfair. We're up there in the summer.
I'll be racing at Ridge Motorsports Park in Shelton with IRDC August 27 - 29 and staying at the track. This is our only RMP event this year, such a fun track. We got bumped last year for a reschedule pro motorcycle race.

Here's my in-car from 8/2019

https://vimeo.com/356239396

Lyall
Old 02-05-2021, 12:51 PM   #140

That's sweet, Lyall! I've been out to The Ridge but haven't driven it. I'm a track guy, too, but mostly just DE and TT stuff. I have an '88 911 and a 997.2 GT3. If I ever can scale back my work and spend more time up in WA, I'd like to have a track car up there.

Not sure I'll still be up there in late August but, if I am, I'll swing by. Shouldn't be hard to find you with the van!