Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-15-2019, 07:57 PM   #31

Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBlackE350 View Post
I looked into Tufport as well, a bit more $$ than Fiberine after delivery to a local truck canopy shop that carries their canopy's. I liked the 24" Fiberine best anyway.

For those asking about how the top is attached, this is their reverse flange version. Combination of sheet metal screws and bolts into half inch OSB board on the tops flange. Lots of waterproof sealant & caulking as well.

Here's a picture, not pretty but functional...
Given you were in Seattle did you consider driving there to have the install done at their shop vs shipping?

The only reason I am considering them is because they are local, I'm not aware of other options in the PNW unless I go stateside. Perhaps I could look into getting one shipped to WA and finding someone to install it for me. If I drove down to Fiberine I think it would cost more than the Tufport when factoring travel expenses and foreign exchange rate, then again Agile Off Road is somewhat close by and so is Aluminess...... I probably shouldn't drive down there.

Old 03-15-2019, 11:22 PM   #32

Cyrull if you decide on Fiberine I’m in Seattle and can help you install it. I have not done a reverse flange yet but installed my poptop and another hightop that used the screws and glue method.

Rob
Nrobert10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-16-2019, 11:04 AM   #33

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post
Cyrull if you decide on Fiberine I’m in Seattle and can help you install it. I have not done a reverse flange yet but installed my poptop and another hightop that used the screws and glue method.
Rob
That a very gracious offer! Always inspiring to see members volunteering to help others - even though most is through print on this Forum, Think is commendable that you're offering your time.
Old 03-17-2019, 10:53 AM   #34

Garage
[QUOTE=Cyrull;248429]Given you were in Seattle did you consider driving there to have the install done at their shop vs shipping?

The Tufport 28" top didn't appeal to me as much as the Fiberine 24". Originally I wanted their 20" Aero to stay under 9' tall, standard drive-thru max height. But after a year on the fence the look of the 24" and 6'1"+ standing room sold me on it.

This forum is an invaluable resource for me because of all the info sharing and folks like Rob who love helping others. Rob's on my short list after offering to help me apply the tinted to match bed-liner on this top.
LastBlackE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2019, 11:11 AM   #35

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by longboardguy View Post
I chose Fiberine to do my my top based on overall cosmetic design. I liked the way it blends in with the Econolines body lines.
LongBoardGuy, my thoughts exactly. Just looked thru your photo album, love the speaker cabinet material you used throughout. That's been my plan from the beginning. Added soundproofing and insulation vs. a heavy wood echo chamber. Simplicity and and keeping the van's weight at low as possible is my goal.
LastBlackE350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 07:43 PM   #36

That's too bad I have two brand new RB's and one EB sitting on my trailer waiting for a $600.00 buyer with a possible $300.00 install option.
Vanimal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 08:15 PM   #37

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanimal View Post
That's too bad I have two brand new RB's and one EB sitting on my trailer waiting for a $600.00 buyer with a possible $300.00 install option.
I am interested in the EB one
NavyNuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2019, 11:31 PM   #38

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nrobert10 View Post

Rob
That's a very generous offer Rob. I don't suppose you have the resources/space to accept a high top if I got one shipped to you?
Old 03-21-2019, 09:02 PM   #39

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyrull View Post
That's a very generous offer Rob. I don't suppose you have the resources/space to accept a high top if I got one shipped to you?
I’m sure I might be able to figure something out based on shipment timing and install timing. I’m trying to determine what I’m going to do. Maybe get two at once.

Rob
Old 03-21-2019, 09:06 PM   #40

Does anybody have the 24” Fiberine “transit” top on their E series? It’s suppose to be a few inches taller and more flattened out instead of a “bubble”. Fiberine does not have any good pictures of one.

The bubble top is really not tall enough for me overall. Height is great right in the middle but that’s about it.

Any pictures would be appreciated.