Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-01-2023, 04:21 PM   #21

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2 View Post
Unlike most people, I'm not a big fan of the Lagun mount. I like my desk surfaces to be very solid, and the Laguna table just has too much flex/wobble for my liking and to work comfortably.
Fair enough on the Table. If you decide to utilize the drivers captains chair on a swivel, you could apply your pull-out shelf concept (on a smaller scale) for the side of the cabinet facing the seat.
Obviously I have no skin in the game here, so not trying to sway you one way or the other. BUT, (IMO) having a work station which two people share a good majority of the day may create some anxiety being in such close proximity.

Old 02-01-2023, 06:00 PM   #22

I to am planning a goucho design behind the drivers seat. I'm 6'3". I have a CCV pop top and plan to use 2 of the bed cushions for the back and one for the base of my goucho cushions when we are not sleeping.
I have mocked it up and my head clears the pop top frame nicely. We are planning on using the goucho for a stealth camping bed and no cabinets in front of the side double doors so the size (slightly bigger width) is not an issue for us.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:04 PM   #23
KL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilnuts2 View Post
I to am planning a goucho design behind the drivers seat. I'm 6'3". I have a CCV pop top and plan to use 2 of the bed cushions for the back and one for the base of my goucho cushions when we are not sleeping.
I have mocked it up and my head clears the pop top frame nicely. We are planning on using the goucho for a stealth camping bed and no cabinets in front of the side double doors so the size (slightly bigger width) is not an issue for us.
This is awesome to hear. My plan was the same, a stealth sleeping bed (inside) with the CCV top as the main bed. I'm on the same page with no cabinets in-front of the doors.

I have so many questions for you. Would you be open to taking a couple of measurements from your mockup for me? Let me know if so. Thanks!
KL2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:18 PM   #24

Quote:
Originally Posted by KL2 View Post
This is awesome to hear. .
I have so many questions for you. Would you be open to taking a couple of measurements from your mockup for me? Let me know if so. Thanks!
My mock up was using different heights to establish a seat height. Cinder blocks with 2x4's as needed to get my butt and and hers to a height that was a compromise for us both. I no longer have the mock up in place but I highly recommend you go through the same process. I can measure my CCV pads if that helps you. they are less then 6 months old.
Conversion in process. Lol
Denver, CO
Lilnuts2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2023, 06:25 PM   #25

re: Gaucho aft of the Driver seat -

Swivel the Driver seat 90 degrees for an additional 19"+ added to your gaucho. This eliminates the need for a crazy long sofa dedicated to stealth sleeping. You will need a cushion to level the gaucho seat height to the driver seat height and a filler piece for inboard/center aisle sleeping position.

Our Gaucho is 54". It becomes a stealth sleeping location of over 6ft with the driver seat swiveled. As Lilnuts 2 does, we use a couple of the cushions from the CCV Pop Top bed to make for a comfortable sleeping surface.

Added benefit of Gaucho on Driver side is the views out of the side doors plus the interaction with the 180 deg swiveled Passenger seat. When not stealth sleeping, the 90 deg swiveled Driver seat makes for added seating integrated into the living area, easy access to driver footwell storage space, and overall visual opening up of the front of the van.

If you want a CCV Top, I can help if you are not already working with someone in Loveland.

re Cabinets and Doors - Running a cabinet on the passenger side about 1/3rd way into the smaller 40 door is actually a very efficient use of space.
Old 02-01-2023, 06:30 PM   #26

Re Induction Stove and "plenty of power" -

Tell us more. I find reality is far from perception/expectation. How are you charging your "plenty of power" source??
Old 02-01-2023, 07:27 PM   #27
KL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
re: Gaucho aft of the Driver seat -

Swivel the Driver seat 90 degrees for an additional 19"+ added to your gaucho. This eliminates the need for a crazy long sofa dedicated to stealth sleeping. You will need a cushion to level the gaucho seat height to the driver seat height and a filler piece for inboard/center aisle sleeping position.

Our Gaucho is 54". It becomes a stealth sleeping location of over 6ft with the driver seat swiveled. As Lilnuts 2 does, we use a couple of the cushions from the CCV Pop Top bed to make for a comfortable sleeping surface.

Added benefit of Gaucho on Driver side is the views out of the side doors plus the interaction with the 180 deg swiveled Passenger seat. When not stealth sleeping, the 90 deg swiveled Driver seat makes for added seating integrated into the living area, easy access to driver footwell storage space, and overall visual opening up of the front of the van.

If you want a CCV Top, I can help if you are not already working with someone in Loveland.

re Cabinets and Doors - Running a cabinet on the passenger side about 1/3rd way into the smaller 40 door is actually a very efficient use of space.
Thanks for all the info and great ideas. I am not yet at the point where I'm ready to buy a CCV top (still on the hunt foe the perfect van), but when I am I would definitely reach out to you. I wish they had more info on them on their site. Thats good to hear you think a cabinet extending into the doors is a good use of space. If I go with my current layout, it seems my couch will extend a bit into the doorway.
Old 02-01-2023, 07:35 PM   #28
KL2

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1der View Post
Re Induction Stove and "plenty of power" -

Tell us more. I find reality is far from perception/expectation. How are you charging your "plenty of power" source??
Plan is for a 800ah battery (400ahx2) at 12v. Charging will be through ~400w of solar on roof, and an aftermarket nations second alternator dedicated to charging with high idle. Estimating between 200-350amps of charging (waiting to get exact amount of amps alternator can produce at given RPM from nations)

I have a good amount of experience with electrical systems and cramming components into a small space while still being accessible from my SUV builds. I sketched out the entirety of my components and think I can fit the entire system (including distribution, invertor, solar charger, etc) in a 24x22x15in space (a portion under the couch)
Old 02-01-2023, 10:06 PM   #29

Garage
We have an RB50 layout and love the open space in the middle, plus the comfortable seating on the rear bench. We added a Lagun table and made two mounting locations. Either location works well for a laptop workstation. With 2 Lagun tables, 2 people could work and move the table out of the way when getting up. We also have that type of bed mechanism.

Just beware that the backrest for the rollover bed has to be a specific height to work right - I think it's about 14". Also, some type of support is really needed when made into a bed to prevent bending the hinges.
Click image for larger version

Name:	20201028_173943_Film2.jpg
Views:	10
Size:	127.0 KB
ID:	46403

Click image for larger version

Name:	20201028_173828_Film2.jpg
Views:	7
Size:	122.1 KB
ID:	46404
Old 02-02-2023, 12:23 PM   #30

I am in San Diego too. Trying to get my gaucho so it is comfortable or ?
Can we get together?
acudoc is offline   Reply With Quote