Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-26-2019, 07:05 PM   #31

Ah, too bad. I know there’s a huge growing demand for help with conversations.
The parts decision is a tough one, even with past experience. The size of the space and the minimum requirements of desired components ads to it. The decisions are a lot like having a house built, because it is a house being built. Most have many requirements which need to be reduced to the space chosen. That’s what this forum is about.
Another level is always nice for headroom etc. the early grandparents of today’s RV’s had a cot that went over the front seats for sleeping, storage etc and was a good use of the small space. I hope the upcoming generations of van builders produce more clever hardworking folks that want to help the trade with fair priced good ideas and components and stay at it and earn the reputation of being bright,innovative and do a good job a what they do.
Question, anyone know of operable windows 21x48 to 55” RO more or less, to go into the gmc/Chevy express express type van? The sides of the van is rounded, or contoured about 1” in 2’. Most windows are flat.

2002 gmc ext 3500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 07:16 PM   #32
MSD

Garage
Only widow I know that will fit but not quite that big is the CRL FW904RS it will fit fords chevy & GMCs I’ve put this in all 3 makes �� not exactly what your looking for but maybe an option?
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-26-2019, 10:14 PM   #33
MSD

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Wow!!! Hope owner finally got satisfaction.
Yes but only because he brought it to us at CCV & we fixed. The original lift system geometry was so off it was warping the top when going up & down. In the end we had to put a CCV lift, frame & our actuators to make it work. It was amazing how much of a mess the original system was when it came in... so bad we couldn’t fix it & had to put our system in but use they really poorly built top from one of my old molds that I sold years ago.
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-27-2019, 06:13 AM   #34

Found it, I see what you mean by being a bit smaller. CRL Philly manufacturing suggests I try their Ca auto manufacturing plant to see if there’s larger options.
This van is windowed, they don’t my changes but want big airy windows.
2002 gmc ext 3500 is offline   Reply With Quote