Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-04-2017, 01:27 PM   #211

Great I'll send you a PM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Yes, of course! I designed the adapters so others can have a simple bolt-in-ready solution for these seats. I'm also a dealer for the seats. If you have any questions let me know.

Old 09-15-2017, 09:35 PM   #212

Wanted to do this

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Another mod I've been working on is converting the new style ('08-current) Super Duty truck mirrors to work on the van. I think they look way better on the newer body style vans vs. the rounded trailer tow mirrors. Pretty challenging project as most of the internal mount/hinge mechanism had to be redesigned. These particular mirrors have heated defrost, power fold, power telescope and integrated turn signals. I still have a ways to go before I'm done with the project but the most challenging part is almost done thanks to a few rounds of 3D printed parts for testing fit-up and function. This is one of my "rainy day" projects that doesn't get much love on a weekly basis but when I have a few hours to tinker, I try to make a little progress.

before anyone asks...the pics are blurred to cover up the rather crude way I mocked up the mount for test fitting. I didn't want that to be a focal point of the pic.

I actually have been looking to see if I could find mirrors like this to put on my van. Really don't like the rounded look on the tow mirrors specific for the econolines. These would look awesome! Know I would pay to be able to mount ones like this.
MistaLee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 07:34 AM   #213

Garage
G'day,
Enjoy your postings immensely, quite often with great technical detail, descriptions & photo's.
Still awaiting federal & state vehicle licensing, here in Australia for my Yellow Sportsmobile that arrived here, 16th February, 2017. Have an Engineer writing a report on how my vehicle has been converted to Right Hand Drive and other works to comply with stringent Australian Design Rules(ADR's).
Cheers Doug.
2008 Yellow Ford E350 6.0 diesel eb50 4x4, Front E Locker, Asheville Eng Rebuil 20th @ 261miles, ARP Studds, 200amp Alternator, Performance Aluminium Radiator, OnBoardAir, RoadmasterActiveSuspension, Front & Rear Aluminess with Spare Tire Carrier, Aluminess Roof Rack, Titan Aft 30gallon Fuel Tank.
Sheriffdoug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-16-2017, 08:43 AM   #214

Quote:
Originally Posted by MistaLee View Post
I actually have been looking to see if I could find mirrors like this to put on my van. Really don't like the rounded look on the tow mirrors specific for the econolines. These would look awesome! Know I would pay to be able to mount ones like this.
Looks bad azz,good job! Only thing I would change if it was mine would be rhino lining grill/bumpers,can't stand chrome anymore after decades of keeping chrome shiny...plus you'll like like dea/FBI and no one will mess with you
Zappo is offline   Reply With Quote