Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-21-2014, 10:28 AM   #81

Re: MG Metalworks Build

Quote:
Originally Posted by BajaSportsmobile
Unit Bearings?
Yes, that is a unit bearing. I did a lot of research before deciding to go this route. In the world of low-profile flanged bearings, there are not many out there that meet the envelop requirements while still being affordable (or at least low-cost enough to be used in an assembly like this). This bearing also provides a nice pass-through for the seat belt pre-tensioner wires so you can rotate the seat without pulling on the wire.

The stamped sheet/ball bearing design that other swivels are based on works too but every one I looked at was flimsy and would have required extensive modification to make work in this application.

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2014, 10:30 PM   #82

Sienna seats look great!

So besides buying the front driver and passenger mounts along with a set of sienna seats, what else needs to be purchased or done to mount these in say a 1998 Ford E350 Clubwagon? Anything special with seat belts ect?

Thanks,

Rodney
Thedean2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 09:06 AM   #83

Nice work MG. Those bases are beautiful.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2014, 11:47 AM   #84

I keep looking at this thread and drooling at all the great projects and skills!

What is your seating setup behind the 2nd row Sienna seats? Did you say you have 2 more as a third row? This may be a crazy question, but do you think you could fit three Sienna seats across as a third row?
Old 12-05-2014, 04:00 PM   #85

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChuckB
I keep looking at this thread and drooling at all the great projects and skills!

What is your seating setup behind the 2nd row Sienna seats? Did you say you have 2 more as a third row? This may be a crazy question, but do you think you could fit three Sienna seats across as a third row?

Thank you!!

I have 6 seats total. The third row is between the wheel wells. Pretty tight together though I can still manage to squeeze my leg through the gap.

The seats are 25" wide at the widest spot (arm rests). That puts 3 seats at 75"+...I don't think that fits. Without the inside arm rests, you *might* fit three across but there are other problems with that. The only place they could go is just in front of the wheel wells. Behind the wells, you don't have enough room for the foot rest to come out. That makes your row of three the 2nd row with no access to the back through the side door.
Old 12-05-2014, 05:23 PM   #86

Thanks for the reply and especially the picture! My dilemma is that I have three kids, currently in car seats and I was wondering if you could fill the whole van with Sienna seats. The picture helps visualize the space constraints.

My initial inclination is to have seating for 5, plus 2 extra seats. It looks like Siennas in the 2nd row and a 3 person bench in the third row is the only way to accomplish this. I'm not willing to entertain a side facing gaucho at this point. Having to deal with car seats for the next 5-7 years is a pretty limiting factor.

I really like your folding third row bench that you made. Great use of space when needed or not.
Old 12-05-2014, 06:00 PM   #87

Here's another picture for more perspective on the layout.

The Sienna 3-position split bench seat might be an option for you. At least they'd match the recliners.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/2011-2014-Toyot ... 94&vxp=mtr

You'd need to figure out seat belts and mounts but where there's a will, there's a way.
Old 12-05-2014, 07:31 PM   #88

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thedean2000
Sienna seats look great!

So besides buying the front driver and passenger mounts along with a set of sienna seats, what else needs to be purchased or done to mount these in say a 1998 Ford E350 Clubwagon? Anything special with seat belts ect?

Thanks,

Rodney

The Sienna seat takes a little trimming on the frame in a couple spots and the Ford seat belt pre-tensioner assembly has to be fitted to the toyota seat but it isn't too hard. I have some pretty comprehensive instructions with lots of pictures if you'd like to read through them.

I will post the instructions to my website... I'll update here with a link when it's up there.
Old 04-12-2015, 04:16 PM   #89

I made up another batch of mounts for placing Sienna seats in the driver/passenger spots of the E-series. Here are three sets ready for packaging and shipping out this week.

Old 04-12-2015, 07:52 PM   #90

Love it, looks fantastic
ujointoffroad.com
UJOINT is offline   Reply With Quote