Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-24-2016, 09:55 AM   #141

Tire size? I really like the squared off shoulder look the way they fit the rim. Can't wait to see the stance when they are on.

jydog is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 10:31 AM   #142

Garage
man, i would love those wheels if they didnt have the fake beadlock bolts look great otherwise. especially that many stacked up

the toyo rt tires look pretty badass too. havent heard much about them. any particular reason you went with them?

you can put me on the list of bfg owners that have never had a flat with their product (that wasnt directly related to my stupid ass). not with my old at's, radial ta's, or them weirdass colored stripe ones from the early 00's.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:00 AM   #143

Quote:
Originally Posted by jydog View Post
Tire size? I really like the squared off shoulder look the way they fit the rim. Can't wait to see the stance when they are on.
LT285/75R18 (34.8" tall x 11" wide)

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie View Post
man, i would love those wheels if they didnt have the fake beadlock bolts look great otherwise. especially that many stacked up

the toyo rt tires look pretty badass too. havent heard much about them. any particular reason you went with them?

you can put me on the list of bfg owners that have never had a flat with their product (that wasnt directly related to my stupid ass). not with my old at's, radial ta's, or them weirdass colored stripe ones from the early 00's.
I don't like the bolts either but I looked for a LONG time at wheels and this is the one I kept coming back to. I didn't want chrome and I didn't want black...that narrowed the field a lot already.

Toyo's have a really big following around here. This is my first set but I know lots of guys running Toyo's and they have good luck with them. I was considering the Cooper ST Maxx and the BFG KO2. It came down to sizing and availability.

I'm actually a BFG owner that has had problems with their tires. My dad's truck just had a two BFGs come apart too (within a couple months of each other). I still think they're a good tire and I'd put them on a rig if the size/cost were right. No manufacturer is perfect though.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:11 AM   #144

Garage
I had a set of that same size except they were Toyo AT2 on my F250 and loved them. I think they are more than worth the cost. Looking good on those wheels!
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2016, 11:35 AM   #145

Garage
^^^ running at2's right now. have about 30k on them and 2 of them are right at the wear bars. found out 2 weeks ago that they are 100% worthless in the snow at this point. will need to be replaced before next winter

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
I don't like the bolts either but I looked for a LONG time at wheels and this is the one I kept coming back to. I didn't want chrome and I didn't want black...that narrowed the field a lot already.
completely understand. hard to find original wheels for these vans period. you chose well. especially knowing the hurdles at hand. look forward to seeing them installed. will look badass with two of those on the back bumper!

Quote:
Toyo's have a really big following around here. This is my first set but I know lots of guys running Toyo's and they have good luck with them. I was considering the Cooper ST Maxx and the BFG KO2. It came down to sizing and availability.
considering we are both littered with les schwabs in our area and how easy they finance, having a large following isnt a surprise. they are very popular around here as well. i like the looks of those rt's, but havent heard any feedback about them. good or bad.

when they first came out their site showed comparisons between all their open country tires (no longer up) and their chart showed that the rt's wernt a long lasting tire when compared against the at2. at the time my at2's were still pretty fresh but i could see how much wear they had already and somewhat stopped considering them as a replacement. please keep us posted on your thoughts about them.

Quote:
...No manufacturer is perfect though.
agree.

and when you have the best selling off road tire, of course your going to hear more bad stories cause more people are out there using the hell out of them vs the others. only reason i didnt go bfg due to all the horror stories i saw listed on this forum when i first joined. the ko2's are back on my radar now though.
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:47 PM   #146

Paid a visit to my powdercoater this week and he had some presents for me...

New bumper mounts done...

And the bumper is now finished...

Love the little details...

Next up... new suspension and tires/wheels. The Year of the Van soldiers on!!!
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 02:56 PM   #147

Garage
WOW looking amazing.
pinz712 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2016, 08:33 PM   #148

Awesome...................
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2016, 06:31 AM   #149

Man that looks great!