Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 05-17-2017, 10:25 AM   #201

Thanks all! Glad you like it!

mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 02:47 PM   #202

That is great! @flux I'd love to see what you did with the 80/20... I have been shopping for a while

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Rockman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2017, 03:14 PM   #203

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockman View Post
That is great! @flux I'd love to see what you did with the 80/20... I have been shopping for a while
I will post it on my build thread (GAATMHQ). Basic stuff really but it will get me where I am going and I really like the look of the flush panels with the 8020 corners etc. MG's Optima van used it and I love the look, so I emulate. Rack will be a simple deal very similar to Ujoint's, again I emulate well. But I still have to execute!!

Again, best thing is flexibility and being able to alter and try new things, can't wait to see what this turns into.
Old 06-20-2017, 07:16 PM   #204

The US Scheel-Mann distributor is in Germany at the factory and sent me a teaser shot of the new seats for the Cummins van. So excited to get these seats and the matching rears with integrated belts.

I also changed out the front belts to fit the new color scheme of the van.

There's a lot going on around here this summer. TONS of design work to do and vans stacking up in the driveway. This is way more fun than working in a cubicle though! I don't miss the corporate engineering gig one bit!
Old 06-20-2017, 10:14 PM   #205

Sounds like you need a bigger driveway. Love the red belts.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2017, 05:25 PM   #206

Quote:
Originally Posted by larrie View Post
Sounds like you need a bigger driveway. Love the red belts.
Indeed I do! I have my dream shop all planned out, just need to keep cranking out work to get there.
Old 08-26-2017, 06:38 PM   #207

I've had a lot of good seat time lately (at my CAD station) which means I get to churn out some designs finally. Here we have some adapter brackets to put Scheel-Mann seats in an E-series. Works with either the factory stationary (manual slide) base or the commonly available swivel bases. I will also have an adapter for the power base but haven't had enough time with one here to get the design finished.

The seat belt pre-tensioner is super ugly by itself so I made a simple cover for it. When it is powder coated, it will blend in well with my black seats (the grey demo seats just went in my wife's rig).

I am still waiting on the laser/forming for the seat belt mount in this pic but soon enough I'll be driving in total comfort...

Old 08-26-2017, 07:56 PM   #208

Got to sit in a Sheel-Mann seat that the Portland meet and greet on Thursday. It was love at first sitting.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2017, 10:10 AM   #209

Any chance you'll offer the adapters for sale?

Seat choice has slowed down my build and the Scheel-Mann seats appear to be the way to go.
Old 09-03-2017, 12:06 PM   #210

Quote:
Originally Posted by youngblood View Post
Any chance you'll offer the adapters for sale?

Seat choice has slowed down my build and the Scheel-Mann seats appear to be the way to go.
Yes, of course! I designed the adapters so others can have a simple bolt-in-ready solution for these seats. I'm also a dealer for the seats. If you have any questions let me know.