Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-16-2014, 06:53 AM   #11

Garage
Re: mobile concept build

^^^ dont know where your at, but i got my awning from a local pick and pull for 20 bucks. it isnt huge at 7'x7', but for a 20 spot, i couldnt pass it up. we also have a specific rv pick and pull that has some great deals on stuff like fridges, ac units, etc. might look around your area and see if you can locate something similar.

and nice rig! looks like you have a lot of space to work with. what was it originally built for?

"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:23 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by shenrie
^^^ dont know where your at, but i got my awning from a local pick and pull for 20 bucks. it isnt huge at 7'x7', but for a 20 spot, i couldnt pass it up. we also have a specific rv pick and pull that has some great deals on stuff like fridges, ac units, etc. might look around your area and see if you can locate something similar.
No fair! We've got a pick and pull full of Ford Windstars, Dodge Neons, and Chevy sedans.............if you're in to that sort of thing.
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 08:08 AM   #13

Garage

^^^ being in a small, unpopulated state does have its advantages once and a while...
"understeer is when you hit the wall with the front of your car, oversteer is when you hit the wall with the rear of your car, horsepower is how hard your car hits the wall, and torque is how far your car moves the wall."
shenrie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 07:37 PM   #14

theres no pick and pulls like that near me. in fact none of any kind. lots of junk yards around lexington but they scrap cars pretty fast.

i don't care to buy new. i also need a roof ac not sure what to look for in that either.

its a display van. thats what mobile concepts put out. they come finished but just a big open box inside. i'm an offroader but i just have to get close to the trails and my trail rig will get the rest of the way. where i like to go wheeling though is off the grid so i need everything you guys use i just don't need 4wd.
postaldave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2014, 10:26 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by postaldave
next on the purchase list is an awning for it.

any suggestions??
If price is a concern go with one of these. I had one on my lady van and loved it.

http://www.interwestsports.com/bag%20awnings.html

They are big, durable and just 250-300 iirc.
Old 04-27-2014, 08:42 PM   #16

thanks for the link! i'll check them out for sure.

after weeks of trying to decide between a portable AC unit, split unit or roof top i just couldn't drop that much money for AC. but i did have a window unit in my storage and a skill saw.

Old 04-27-2014, 08:44 PM   #17

Nice looking install. That's exactly what I would've done. Much simpler and cheaper than an RV unit.

Old 04-28-2014, 05:11 AM   #18
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

I'm curious how the typical residential A/C units hold up over time mounted in a vehicle?

Most never see the sort of vibration, bouncing around etc when sitting in a window at home---anyone have any experience with their longevity?
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #19

ive seen them mounted from the factory in other camper vans but who knows if they hold up. good news is they are cheap as hell and i'm just a lowes or a walmart away from a replacement unit if it fails.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWA
I'm curious how the typical residential A/C units hold up over time mounted in a vehicle?

Most never see the sort of vibration, bouncing around etc when sitting in a window at home---anyone have any experience with their longevity?
Old 05-04-2014, 03:09 PM   #20

got one of the toyota seats in place. couldn't haul the little one around in the van due to airbag up front.
took forever to get the brackets mounted. the ones i bought didn't line up well and the holes were the wrong size.