Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 09-29-2014, 06:23 AM   #11

My First van build Progress! 2010 Chevy Express AWD

Hi Rockbender... on lift? Everything koontek said.
Though on our build we did sort of cheat and just went with the Boulder Off Road Van lift kit. We had a local friend/pro do the work as we don't have access to sheltered work area here on the coast. He said the lift kit went right in with no issues, and he left a bit of room in the adjustment to go up (i think he stated there was another ~1/2" if we really wanted to dial it all the way.) We have a measured ~2 3/4" > 3" up from where we were before his work at this point and Cari likes the (stiffer) ride. We had our local tire center check the alignment and it needed no adjustment.

YMMV.
Thom

PS...NW Van gathering... yup would be enjoyable. We almost went to the last one up near Seattle, from what i read on the ride report it was a good time for all.

accrete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:19 AM   #12

Re: My First van build Progress! 2010 Chevy Express AWD

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks
I just love the look of black vans! Nice work!

Count me in for a NW meetup... I want to see a Chevy AWD van up close.
I want to see your ford up close! I been reading all your information about the installing the Sienna seats and what awesome job you did installing them into your van! I'm on the hunt for some right now. I will defiantly need a set of seat mounts from you when I do find a pair of Sienna seats!
koontek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2014, 03:41 AM   #13

Re: My First van build Progress! 2010 Chevy Express AWD

So update on some little things i been working on my van the last couple of weeks.

Finally got the correct tie bar and bushings for the rear sky jacker shocks in. Here is a picture with the old tie bars and bushings and the new ones.

with the new and correct size bushing i have no more loose rear shocks! If i did it all over again i might of cough up the extra money for the Bilstein shocks. Not complaining about the ride but the quality of the skyjacker shocks seem like they could be a little better.

With the rear doors of the express van being able to swing a full 180 degrees I thought it would be a good idea to make custom door panels that enclose speakers. The whole idea behind this is to get some music while camping, tailgating ,or just at the boat dock while we prepare the boat or clean it up. each door will have a 3 way speaker system consisting of an 8" sub, 6.5" mid, and 1" tweeter. Also some emergency equipment (shovel, axe, flashlight, emergency kit, fire extinguisher) will be mounted to the doors for easy access.

Door panels removed and first layer of sound deading material installed.

Some jute padding for more sound adsorption

Alpine's Type R series was the choice in product for the speakers.

Tracing the base of the panel out of 1/4 "

The rear doors have a curve so relief cuts had to be made to get the plywood to match the curve rear door

Router table was used for all edges and notches

koontek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-23-2017, 11:15 AM   #14

Which lift did you use exactly ?

I like the way this van sets.

and exactly how tall the blocks in the rear are ?

how high did you set the front key lift ?

and is there a helper spring or anything
PK101 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2018, 02:09 PM   #15

Tire size

Which size tire did you go with ?

and is there a helper spring?

2 inch block on the back right ?

Thanks !
PK101 is offline   Reply With Quote