Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 10-31-2020, 05:06 PM   #41
KDB

Can you at all delay your trip a day? Maybe that's all it would take to get Aluminess to tackle the install.

KDB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 05:49 PM   #42

Quote:
Originally Posted by KDB View Post
Can you at all delay your trip a day? Maybe that's all it would take to get Aluminess to tackle the install.
Nope, I can't. And they've told me multiple times Nov. 10th was the 1st spot they could give me. They know my situation,it's been explained to several people there. Evidently their client on Monday is some whale they wouldn't ever want to inconvenience.
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 06:04 PM   #43

If you don’t mind driving up to Orange County I have a good sized parking lot and any tool we might need. I could help Monday after 5pm.
BrianBlair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-31-2020, 09:44 PM   #44

Good Lord, facebook marketplace has tons of ads in nearly every city in this country from people offering to do mechanical work. You want bumpers installed not an engine overhaul, it isnt rocket science. You canceled the appointment not Aluminess. Pay someone to install them and then leave some reviews for Aluminess online if you feel its warranted.
Chinook is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 04:24 AM   #45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chinook View Post
Good Lord, facebook marketplace has tons of ads in nearly every city in this country from people offering to do mechanical work. You want bumpers installed not an engine overhaul, it isnt rocket science. You canceled the appointment not Aluminess. Pay someone to install them and then leave some reviews for Aluminess online if you feel its warranted.

Why do you feel the need to be so combative? Did you read the thread? The whole point is that he IS trying to find someone else to install the parts.
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 12:48 PM   #46

Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
So I had an appointment today in San Diego with Aluminess to get front/rear bumpers installed. Due to the Colorado wildfires, my CCV top install was delayed, I had to cancel the Aluminess install and they don't have any open install slots for 2 weeks.

I'll be in San Diego on Monday Nov. 2nd for 24 hours max. No tools. My Aluminess stuff is sitting at their office and ready to go, they just can't fit me in for an install. Looking for any place in San Diego that can do a bumper install on short notice.

TIA
Not to worry. You will MAJORLY LOVE you CCV choice. THEY are Incredibly Awesome. Aluminess parts can go on Anytime. Party On 👻🎃🚀🚀🚀
SPACETIME is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 01:33 PM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair View Post
If you don’t mind driving up to Orange County I have a good sized parking lot and any tool we might need. I could help Monday after 5pm.
Sounds like a real decent offer. Only a couple hour drive from SD.
Jack K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 02:23 PM   #48

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
FYI for parking lot install you need to drill and punch out rear door hinge pins.....a little more work than just turning wrenches..
Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianBlair View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack K View Post
Sounds like a real decent offer. Only a couple hour drive from SD.
Thanks everyone!

Another SMB poster messaged me and offered to meet me at Aluminess tomorrow morning to help with the install. He just asked me to make a charity donation in return. I'll post his username tomorrow if he's ok with it.
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2020, 03:03 PM   #49

Garage
Quote:
Thanks everyone!

Another SMB poster messaged me and offered to meet me at Aluminess tomorrow morning to help with the install. He just asked me to make a charity donation in return. I'll post his username tomorrow if he's ok with it.
Whom ever he is, that Member is a class act! I'm sure the frustration of this whole ordeal has taxed your patience...But sounds like now you'll be taking your trip in a Van that's fully dressed - Good for you.
Old 11-01-2020, 04:49 PM   #50

Quote:
Thanks everyone!

That is community right there!
simplesez is offline   Reply With Quote