Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 01-28-2021, 12:31 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie View Post
Because the slider has a vertical 'bar' that cuts into the view from what will be the galley. And more importantly, the AMA slider view-from-inside uses only about 80% of the total available aperture due to a blocked-out section just aft of the slider assembly. That's just the way it's made. Here's the inside view:
Thanks for the feedback. I see what you mean. I had no idea the vertical bar was a consideration. I agree about the 80% issue.

pjtpj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:28 PM   #12

Idea... Buy a CRL window, take it out of the package, hold mounting ring up to the opening on the inside of the van. If it fits with no gaps, have a glass company cut out the AMA window (it takes some specialized tools), clean up the outer panel surface as good as you can, install the CRL window, list AMA window for sale on FB marketplace or FB Sprinter group or Sprinter Source Forum. It will sell quickly.

If the CRL mounting ring doesn't look like it will fit, selling a CRL window on any of those sites listed above will also be pretty easy. Low risk of losing any money. Lead times for windows have been up and down this past year. Some people would jump on a window available immediately.
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 01:38 PM   #13

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgmetalworks View Post
Idea... Buy a CRL window, take it out of the package, hold mounting ring up to the opening on the inside of the van. If it fits with no gaps, have a glass company cut out the AMA window (it takes some specialized tools), clean up the outer panel surface as good as you can, install the CRL window, list AMA window for sale on FB marketplace or FB Sprinter group or Sprinter Source Forum. It will sell quickly.

If the CRL mounting ring doesn't look like it will fit, selling a CRL window on any of those sites listed above will also be pretty easy. Low risk of losing any money. Lead times for windows have been up and down this past year. Some people would jump on a window available immediately.
Best idea yet. I was trying to obtain full-size paper plans of the two windows, but your idea makes a lot of sense. Next issue would be finding an installer within fifty miles of my 93402 area, but that's for later.
Thank you for offering a great solution!
kelpie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2021, 06:19 PM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by kelpie View Post
Best idea yet. I was trying to obtain full-size paper plans of the two windows, but your idea makes a lot of sense. Next issue would be finding an installer within fifty miles of my 93402 area, but that's for later.
Thank you for offering a great solution!
mgmetalworks is offline   Reply With Quote