Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-11-2015, 05:57 AM   #11

Re: New 1994 e150 build

Here are the wall materials I have on hand.

4x6 3/4" plywood for the bed
Lowe's styrofoam semi flexible insulation 4x8 and some bigger scraps.
Black Felt.

I can't decide if I want to cover the back side windows or not. Closing them off with the insulation seems the easiest route, but it would be nice to have the ability to get more fresh air back there.

Help!

Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4316.JPG   IMG_4317.JPG   IMG_4318.JPG  

danmaher is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 06:25 AM   #12

Don't close them off! Just cut some Reflectix for them and cover them when you need to. Amazing stuff.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2015, 08:00 PM   #13

Looking good. I'm in upstate SC.
89srule is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2015, 06:15 AM   #14

Cool, 89sRule! We were just at Dreher Island state park a couple weeks back. My 15 yo son got to drive the van once around the campground, since he has his learner's permit. He loved it.

I attached a couple of photos of the current state of the van. I filled some wall panels with roughly shaped pieces of styrofoam insulation and covered it all with Peel & Seal from Lowe's. So far so good.

You can also see my simple bed platform of a 4x6 3/4" plywood sheet on top of 4 tuff Lowe's closeable totes - each tote was around $14 but 4 of them will support my fat ass.

I really would like to find some self-adhesive vinyl wall covering to go on top of the Peel & Seal. My local walmart and lowe's didn't have what I was looking for, other than some peel n stick vinyl floor tile. Ideally I'd like to self-stick up some vinyl and make some rough cutouts for the windows. Anybody have ideas here? Might have to purchase online.

I am super glad I kept looking for a hi-top van. This big ol blue ox is running great and ready for more campin. what are y'all up to?
Attached Thumbnails
IMG_4381.JPG   IMG_4383.JPG  
Old 11-20-2015, 06:19 AM   #15

I also replaced some fuses and some interior lights started working. I also tried to find the cabin DC feed to try out the two inverters the prior owner had, but not hooked up. I ripped out the tv and dvd player and some of the forward shelving above the driver's area. Now I have direct access to some wires and the control panel in the ceiling.

I think I found the DC source, and my multimeter said there was voltage across 'em, but I may have been confused about which switch allows power to the leads. Neither inverter worked when I hooked em up.
Old 11-25-2015, 07:43 AM   #16

Hi guys, to cover the insulation and the peel and seal, I think I want to cover it with speaker or automotive felt. What kind of adhesive should i buy?
Old 11-26-2015, 04:13 AM   #17
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA

I'm partial to the 3M stuff, 08088 IIRC is a general purpose adhesive allowing any spills or runs to be cleaned away with most solvents. The stronger more tenacious version 08090 is a bit of a PITA to work with, it does NOT clean up after its dried.

There are other less expensive spray adhesives out there for certain but 3M is almost always my go to products for something I want to last damn near forever.

BTW your progress is looking great!
JWA is online now   Reply With Quote