Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-25-2013, 02:59 PM   #1

Send a message via Yahoo to dave_in_delaware
Oh, if I only had "extra" money....

I've driven past a local car dealer's place a few times, and I keep looking at their 2002 Ford E350 passenger van (EB with Quigley 4x4 conversion) and I keep drooling and dreaming. I finally called about it. It has about 90k miles, V10 engine, no seats or finished interior (perfect for DIY conversion), sliding side door....

They want $14,000 for it. Is that a good price?

If only I had $14k laying around....

Homebuilt RV Project: Design Phase is 80% Complete! (but on hold until I win the lottery)
Ford E-350 EB w/ Cruiser Top, Flip-down "Gaucho" sofa/bed, custom cabinets, AGM batteries, solar panels, water heater, fresh/gray water tanks, sink, porta-potty....
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 03:38 PM   #2

Re: Oh, if I only had "extra" money....

one recently sold at the Sportsmobile factory you can view on their used car section. asking was 16K for it and it looked like a lot of rust underneath as I viewed some other pics taken and not shown on web site.

I think that is a very fair price if you don't find a lot of rust or other issues with something that old.

Chris at Ujoint can always convert into a 4x4 for like $12-15K and then you have a brand new system not to mention all the new parts from the build.

I happen to do that instead of buying a used 4x4 and Hope it ends up making financial sense.

good luck on your hunt.
Old 04-25-2013, 03:44 PM   #3

Oh, if I only had "extra" money....

Heck yeah that's a good price. $14k for 4x4 alone. Don't care for sliding door though.

There was a 2003 7.3 4x4 for $15k 80k I think just sold. Non smb.
Ocsmb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2013, 05:07 PM   #4

I've gone back to the sliding door as I never seemed to be able to get the dogs and myself
in and out comfortably in the cargo door van I used to own. Maybe cause I've lived my life
with VW vans and just got used to them.

Having said that I will have a sparse layout from furniture in my new CopesCobra van being built
right now.

Once again, good luck.

I agree with others that seems like a good deal...if clean and no rust. Just rust crazy as we don't have any in CA to speak of.
Old 04-25-2013, 07:59 PM   #5

Oooh, Gap, PA, is less than an hour from me. Might have to take a drive this weekend and see that Quiqley in the flesh!
BrianW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2013, 11:41 AM   #6

Send a message via Yahoo to dave_in_delaware

Here are two photos of it. It looks to be in decent shape. I can't afford it right now, but if anyone else is interested, I can give you the dealer's name and phone number. I think he mentioned there might be a second one (similar) available, too.

Homebuilt RV Project: Design Phase is 80% Complete! (but on hold until I win the lottery)
Ford E-350 EB w/ Cruiser Top, Flip-down "Gaucho" sofa/bed, custom cabinets, AGM batteries, solar panels, water heater, fresh/gray water tanks, sink, porta-potty....
dave_in_delaware is offline   Reply With Quote