Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 02-22-2020, 04:50 PM   #11

I’ll look into them. Thank you.

BOZEMANGUY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 04:50 PM   #12

My neighbor has one on his Sprinter an it looks bomber. He’s been happy other than a latching problem. Fixed now.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:54 PM   #13

The van is nice and clean, was in storage in a pole building for the past several years, driven very little. Pretty excited to get going on it. Heading out to Wisconsin next week to drive it back to Montana. Been drooling over this site and all the goodies I’d like to add to it. Going to hang on to the F250 6.7 w/ FWC until we decide if we like camping in a van vs pick up camper.
Old 02-22-2020, 04:55 PM   #14

Anyone know of a good link for wall panel builds that look all pro?
Old 02-22-2020, 08:17 PM   #15
REF

Send a message via MSN to REF
Just rebuilt my interior, the wall panels are a tricky endeavor if you don’t have the original SMB ones for a template. Otherwise, take some large sheet construction paper, tape it up and trace the curves. Get some sheets of 1/4” ply, grab a roll of 1/8” foam backing material, some spray adhesive and pick out a fabric to cover it all with.
Here’s my build, I documented the steps somewhere along the way on the wall panels.

My big fat interior (re)build
https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
CCV High Profile Pop Top
REF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-22-2020, 10:16 PM   #16

Garage
We have the RB Components type with a steel frame. There is 15" clear under. Problem is the seat is too high for comfortable sitting. Upside is massive storage and the portapottie fits under.
Attached Thumbnails
20200222_145501.jpg  
Old 02-25-2020, 12:59 PM   #17

Yes steel bumper's are heavier, but they cost probably less than 1/2 the price of aluminus and they wont fold up like a beer can if you hit something!....just saying!
Megalovon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2020, 06:02 PM   #18

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Megalovon View Post
Yes steel bumper's are heavier, but they cost probably less than 1/2 the price of aluminus and they wont fold up like a beer can if you hit something!....just saying!
To dispel and misconceptions that may be associated with the Aluminess front bumper; I took out the back end of a Toyota mid sized SUV (his fault, he was cited, and his insurance accepted the claim) - at the same time I also ended out pushing his entire vehicle about 6ft forward. Absolutely no evidence on my Aluminess bumper except one small scratch 4” long on the top right corner. I had the Van professionally checked as a precaution, and no damage - they couldn’t believe it had been involved in any contact.
It wasn’t high-speed contact, but still... It withstood a pretty good hit and came away unscathed.
Old 02-26-2020, 01:41 AM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by dhally View Post
We have the RB Components type with a steel frame. There is 15" clear under. Problem is the seat is too high for comfortable sitting. Upside is massive storage and the portapottie fits under.
Say, where did you get that purple net on the front side of the seat frame? Was it custom made?
Old 02-26-2020, 05:35 AM   #20
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kibo View Post
Say, where did you get that purple net on the front side of the seat frame? Was it custom made?
Yeah--I'm wondering the same thing---could use something similar my own self.
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote