Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 08-23-2020, 10:44 AM   #21
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Quote:
Originally Posted by LastBlackE350 View Post
Nice looking Dane, several van-ers are Dane owners it seems... Here's my two back in 2015 when I came home with the new van.
Wonder if they're thinking to eat it or bury it?

JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 11:54 AM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by FCAshevlle View Post
Finished up install of inexpensive backup cam this morning. Thought about one integrated in head unit but if there's an issue I don't have to pull the dash to troubleshoot replace and Crutchfield is hurting for mid priced head units right now. So $25 later on Amazon....for the price it's decent enough and actually came with enough wire to get all the way back and across the back of the van. Tapped into reverse light.

So, which backup camera did you order from Amazon?
BCam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2020, 05:54 AM   #23

Garage
Monitor;
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Camera;
https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
Old 08-28-2020, 05:44 AM   #24

Garage
Had a productive week. Installed the vinyl floor on Sunday and started the bed build last night. I have to say Kreg pocket hole jigs are awesome!! Wish I had tried them years ago.

Vinyl sheet flooring from Home Depot;

Highly suggest Trim-Lok for the edging. Really looks like a factory finish and goes on in minutes.

Bed started..I really wanted a permanent bed I think it's going to work out great. We definitely didn't want to make and break down a bed every morning and evening. Should just get 6' (I'm a 5'11" side sleeper) by 54" (Full).
Old 08-30-2020, 06:56 AM   #25

Garage
Got the bed platform 95% completed yesterday. Just have to secure it and clean up a few bits. Two hidden storage boxes and two access hatches for the rear corners.

Old 09-07-2020, 04:15 PM   #26

Garage
Busy couples days of labor this weekend...

Got the majority of the ceiling installed using 1/4" birch attached directly to the roof 'ribs' with insulation in the spaces between. Also meant we got the LED lights in place and the initial wiring done. Tested real quick with a spare 12V battery and they look great. Still have to finish trim on ceiling along with install of the fan.

Also did test fit of the new 6" memory foam mattress. Full size fits in without cutting and we both have plenty of room! (FYI...I'm 5'11" and can just lay down across the back).We will lose 1/4" on each end when paneling goes in but I think we will be OK. I can also sit cross leg on the mattress with several inches of clearance to the ceiling.

Also had a perfect day to do the bedliner on the rockers and bumpers and a nice day for it all to dry.

Old 10-12-2020, 06:59 AM   #27

Garage
Been busy the last couple weeks....

Got the Maxxair fan installed without too much trouble.

Decided to go with cedar plank walls and got this done over the weekend. We did a very non traditional wall build to maximize the width for the bed. We did a combo of minimal framing and attaching planks directly to the metal walls. Because of this we can sleep sideways in the van with an uncut full mattress. I JUST fit at 5'11".

Also started on the under bed drawer boxes - 2 front, 2 rear

also did a quick DIY door talon with a coat hanger and Plastidip
Old 10-14-2020, 11:20 AM   #28

Garage
Got two interior drawers installed today. Feels good. I never built drawers previously, and after a few practice drawers for the shop and a pile of YT vids I got these built and installed. They roll nice and smooth! Still going to add some faces/finish of some sort.

These will be his & her for clothing, personal items, etc.

Old 11-19-2020, 09:46 AM   #29

Garage
Been a while since update but we've been busy.

Built my first cabinet and I'm very happy with the results. Bottom space was built around the battery setup. Decided to go with Bluetti AC50 instead of a fully wired up second battery. I just run the 12V cig plug to a 6 fuse panel for the lights and fan. I have 4 empty spots there, 2 AC outlets, 4 USB outlets and wireless phone charging. Easy and works for me!

Finished door panels with 1/4 birch ply with oil finish. Used a old guitar amp handle for the door handle.

Back drawers complete as well....license plates and old mountain bike disc brake adapters make great handles!

265 75R16 BFG all terrains getting installed on Monday and adding spare tire mount to the door.
Old 11-23-2020, 03:50 PM   #30

Garage
Finally got some new shoes....what a difference!! 265/75R16 BFG All Terrains including the spare mounted on door. Aluminess carrier was not in the budget so we went with the Surco TF200 and it works just fine! I know...make sure you don't smash the tail light with the tire!! It's not perfect but it was $94 on Amazon vs. $800ish.

before;

after;