Finally with the top removed it was time to take measurements of everything. I also took measurements with the tracks in place as well. I will copy and past all of my measurements here incase anyone wants them. I still haven't measured the overall length of the tracks themselves since I just thought of that now.
All measurements are in inches and sixteenth fractions.
Gutter to outer track flange rear corner right side
Gutter to outer track flange front corner right side
Rear corner to rear cut out right side
Front corner to front cut out right side
Side cut out width with track installed right side
Gutter to rear brace left corner
Gutter to rear brace right corner
Gutter to outer track flange rear corner left side
Gutter to outer track flange front corner left side
Rear corner to rear cut out left side
Front corner to front cut out left side
Side cut out width track installed left side
Track flange length right side
Track flange length left side
Track flange outer to outer distance apart front
Track flange outer to outer distance apart rear
Hole length right side
Cut out start rear from rear right side
Cut out start front from rear
Hole length left side
Cut out start rear from rear left side
Cut out start front from rear left side
Rear left corner hole start from rear gutter
Rear left corner hole start from left gutter
Rear right corner hole start from rear gutter
Rear right corner hole start from right gutter
Rear hole width
Front hole width
Front hole corner left side from left gutter
Front hole corner right side from right gutter
Cut out width left side
Cut out width right side
As you can see almost nothing is symmetrical. The hole isn't even close to being centered or square to the van itself and also explains why the top never sat perfectly inline with the van. That won't be the case with my van.
Next it was time to put the roof skin I got from the junk van and have had sitting on top of my van for months onto the Sportsmobile to start the process of filling in the gigantic hole. I tried to get help for this process but after two hours of waiting I just did it myself. Then as soon as I finished they showed up. This is today and as you can tell, I'm still a little salty.
The way I got it swapped over was simply by pulling the Sportsmobile up tight to my van and the sliding the roof skin off the back of my van and onto the from of the Sportsmobile. It was actually really easy and I severely regret not just doing it immediately.
Anyways I digress. I started to layout the cut on my van. I realized that the front-to-rear spacing is easy to determine since it is dictated by the the roof brace just behind the front headliner as thats where the track bolts to at the front. So I started by drilling a few holes just behind the brace so I knew where the from of the cut would be. Then I found my centre line and from that point was able to mark out the first side cut. I won't be marking out the cut out for the bar to slide through first. Once the hole is cut I'll lay the track in place and mark it then is it's precise. U got about done marking the one side when it started to cloud over so I had to pack everything up and tape up a hole from a roof vent in my van that was now exposed since the junk van roof skin wan't covering it. I also threw a couple screws in the roof skin on the Sportsmobiles to hold it in place.
Finishing out the roof and interior on the Sportsmobile will happen in the spring since as soon as I get this roof swap done I'm heading south for the winter.