Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 12-09-2017, 09:56 PM   #101

Garage
Shaggy, sorry, I just now saw this. I can’t tell you the measurement difference between the Siennas reclined and the original Seat because I got rid of the original ASAP. I can say, though, that when I recline the seats, at 17” height I have 40 inches for the platform bed I want to build on top of some side storage boxes. Since you have about 20 inches more, your height could be quite a bit more if you’re looking for a width-wise platform as I am.

But, all of that will be moot soon because I’m looking to install LTrack under the seats so I can push them up all the way or remove them completely when I want more cargo room (or more bed room) in the back.

As to the install, we had to drop the drive shaft and wrench around the gas tank to get the drivers side in. That was a real pain. The LTrack is the same pain but with more options, so I’m looking forward to that.

Good luck with your build!

Old 12-27-2017, 04:57 AM   #102

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Shaggy, sorry, I just now saw this. I can’t tell you the measurement difference between the Siennas reclined and the original Seat because I got rid of the original ASAP. I can say, though, that when I recline the seats, at 17” height I have 40 inches for the platform bed I want to build on top of some side storage boxes. Since you have about 20 inches more, your height could be quite a bit more if you’re looking for a width-wise platform as I am.

But, all of that will be moot soon because I’m looking to install LTrack under the seats so I can push them up all the way or remove them completely when I want more cargo room (or more bed room) in the back.

As to the install, we had to drop the drive shaft and wrench around the gas tank to get the drivers side in. That was a real pain. The LTrack is the same pain but with more options, so I’m looking forward to that.

Thanks bro. Look forward to seeing the new update!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 12-27-2017, 10:52 AM   #103

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post

Quick shout out/explanation to Otter for calling her bro. In my line of work everyone is bro when you make the team or brother (once you've earned your keep) regardless of gender or rank. It's a respect thing.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G890A using Tapatalk
Old 05-20-2019, 08:51 PM   #104

Garage
Added an Underfloor Storage Box

Finally had the time and money to travel out to the coast and see the Aluminum Master, Sam Mulder (aka NorthLeftCoast), for an underfloor storage box. People here have called it a work of art and now, having seen it, I couldn't agree more. I'm grateful for his hard work and willingness to make the install perfect for my van. And, he's the nicest guy you'd ever want to meet. We had a great day. His lovely wife Melissa even gave me lunch because I was so distracted with my "mission" I forgot to bring any. Truly kind!

My build is slow but sure. In a few weeks I hope to have my new floor in. Then the storage box cover will lift off and and its attached trim will set down at the right height on the new floor. It'll be screwed down into the floor through its trim.

The box is 29 3/4 L x 21W x 15 deep. The cover is 21 x 14. We went with the 29 3/4 width (after starting with 31W) because the tail pipe hanger wanted to bang against the side and the original seat bolt inserts were in the way. Rather than deal with those things, we went shorter and the 29 3/4" fits perfectly between it all.

I started filling the box today and can't believe how much stuff fits in it. I eliminated two crates from the rear of the van and can finally safely carry the big jack from Agile. I'm a pretty happy camper right now. Here's some pics of the install:

Lots of stuff to cut out:

Sawzall cuts through most, grinder does the rest:

Finally, empty space:

The craftsman at work:

The box pre-flange:

The box rests below:

Setting the template:

Starting the cut:

This gives you a weird kind of feeling:

Measuring for the box flange:

Fitting the box:

Shims, big washers, and bolts through the floor:

The top goes on and fits like a glove. Got the lock on Amazon:

Nice piano hinge:

A little soundproofing with an old rug:

You can't say I didn't try:

Everything's a lot neater now and waiting for the new floor:

Find Sam's thread here for buying info, etc:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...rage-6034.html

Old 05-20-2019, 09:09 PM   #105

Garage
Thule Awning Install Video

I needed an awning that would install easily onto my Yakima rack system. The Thule Hideaway Awning fit the bill. I made a video when I installed it:

https://youtu.be/O9zV44Vm82s

Old 05-20-2019, 10:08 PM   #106

That might be the cleanest undercarriage I've seen in a very long time. Nice install.
Advanced 4wd
Agile Ride improvement package
arctictraveller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2019, 11:40 PM   #107

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by arctictraveller View Post
That might be the cleanest undercarriage I've seen in a very long time. Nice install.
Thank you. And the folks at the tall rig car wash know me pretty well.
Old 05-21-2019, 06:25 AM   #108

Garage
Looks awesome!

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 10:30 AM   #109

Garage
Thanks, Sweez! Having fun here. Hope all is going well with you!
Old 05-21-2019, 01:38 PM   #110

Garage
Very nice, looking great.

Tags
ccv poptop, e350, photography, siennas, transformer