Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-23-2016, 06:32 PM   #61

Nice little boat! 22-25'?

I have a Catalina 22 swing keel currently stuffed in my garage, really enjoyed working on it and sailing this summer, but with a 2.5 year old and 8 month old it really isn't practical for a few more years. I kept in moored at Hayden island this summer, but it's an hour drive each way and just didn't get utilized like I hoped.

Brianjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2016, 08:24 PM   #62

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post

If anybody has an old pop top canvas they would otherwise toss out, I'll be happy to mess around with using it as a template.
...somebody has got to have an old SMB canvas..........86Scotty just replaced twogone's....................anyone?
2003 Honda Element
boywonder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2016, 10:22 AM   #63

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Brianjwilson View Post
Nice little boat! 22-25'?

I have a Catalina 22 swing keel currently stuffed in my garage, really enjoyed working on it and sailing this summer, but with a 2.5 year old and 8 month old it really isn't practical for a few more years. I kept in moored at Hayden island this summer, but it's an hour drive each way and just didn't get utilized like I hoped.
Brian, it's a 17ft Compac Suncat and it's a great little boat. I recently converted it to electric propulsion (that's a 10hp-equivalent 48v Elco motor on the back, with 4 105AH Lifeline AGMs surrounding the swing keel housing). We're on Sauvie Island, so I spend a lot of time motoring up and down Multnomah Channel taking pictures. I'm really digging the quiet.

Those Catalina's are good boats. I had a previous 25 foot O'day up at Tomahawk Bay for some years. Finally sold it when I got bored with the constant tacking up the Columbia. My next life, I'm living on Puget Sound so I can set a sail and keep going!
Old 11-24-2016, 11:28 AM   #64

Quote:
Originally Posted by Otter View Post
Brian, it's a 17ft Compac Suncat and it's a great little boat. I recently converted it to electric propulsion (that's a 10hp-equivalent 48v Elco motor on the back, with 4 105AH Lifeline AGMs surrounding the swing keel housing). We're on Sauvie Island, so I spend a lot of time motoring up and down Multnomah Channel taking pictures. I'm really digging the quiet.

Those Catalina's are good boats. I had a previous 25 foot O'day up at Tomahawk Bay for some years. Finally sold it when I got bored with the constant tacking up the Columbia. My next life, I'm living on Puget Sound so I can set a sail and keep going!
Sounds nice! I bet it is awesome to motor around silently.

We were in tomahawk bay. Sailing the Columbia wasn't relaxing and enjoyable like I remembered sailing. Haha. Tons of boats, current, sketchy wind. I trailered it to a lake before stuffing it back in the garage and it was so so much more enjoyable. There just isn't anywhere close enough with mooring to make it practical for us right now.

Our 22 is a '76 that I bought last winter. Replaced and sealed all top deck hardware, bigger chain plates and backing plates, shrouds and turnbuckles, adjustable back stay, spreader brackets, downhauls, group 31 agm, solar controller, and electrical system, LED lights, new tohatsu 4 stoke, boom topping lift, keel lifting hardware.... On and on and on. Such an enjoyable little boat but I need a house on a lake or something.

Brianjwilson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 11:39 AM   #65

Garage
Just Consolidating Threads

Nothing new here, but thought I'd take a few minutes and consolidate threads I started in other sections, so all my stuff is in this build thread and all the helpful responses are in one place.

Looking for Table Ideas:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...eas-18288.html

Front Hitch Install:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...all-18363.html

E350 Chime Fixed:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...xed-18391.html

Favorite Ford Dead Pedal Footrest:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...est-18510.html

The Smaller the Better:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ter-18567.html

Kudos to Limited Slip:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...lip-18592.html

Solar Electric VW Bus:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...bus-18664.html

Secure Storage Ideas Needed:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ded-18645.html

Fixed Top Designed by Nature:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ure-18785.html

Aluminess Rack Decision:

http://www.sportsmobileforum.com/for...ion-19020.html

Old 02-20-2017, 05:45 PM   #66

Quote:
Originally Posted by boywonder View Post
...somebody has got to have an old SMB canvas..........86Scotty just replaced twogone's....................anyone?
I missed this. I do indeed have a well thrashed EB canvas. There are a few problems with it. The first is that you must put on nitrile gloves to even go near it. It has gooey butyl all over it and as it's gotten moved around the shop, folded, wadded, etc. it has gotten worse. It's really, really messy. You would have to cover shipping and I'd really like to get it back after you use it, which might not be cost effective to ship twice. PM me about that if you're interested and we'll go from there. I don't want to part with it permanently since I'd like to use it as a template someday myself.

86Scotty is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2017, 10:25 PM   #67

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by 86Scotty View Post
I missed this. I do indeed have a well thrashed EB canvas. There are a few problems with it. The first is that you must put on nitrile gloves to even go near it. It has gooey butyl all over it and as it's gotten moved around the shop, folded, wadded, etc. it has gotten worse. It's really, really messy. You would have to cover shipping and I'd really like to get it back after you use it, which might not be cost effective to ship twice. PM me about that if you're interested and we'll go from there. I don't want to part with it permanently since I'd like to use it as a template someday myself.

Thanks for the offer, Scotty. Not so sure I'm ready to deal with a sticky mess. I don't really have a good place to deal with that.
Old 03-01-2017, 12:23 PM   #68

Garage
Bushwacker Flares and Lucerne Mega Step Nerf Bars

After looking at the very few possibilities for our van of nerfs, sliders, and running boards, I finally decided to fully embrace my chrome/stainless/black&white theme and got these Luverne Mega Step Nerf Bars through AutoAnything.com. I had some specific requirements and these steps fit the bill nicely. Some points:

- The steps are deep, so you can actually step out of the van without slipping and this is aided by the black ribs bonded to the step.

- They have a backsplash for an extra $70. It makes the install look finished but also provides a bit of safety for people and dogs hopping in.

- They're lower than some, which, I wanted, because my van is about to rise several inches and this is my daily driver.

- They're STRONG, much stronger than I imagined. When you jump on the step, the whole van moves, not the step. There's some really beefy brackets under there, made to fit exactly for the van. They attach to the pinch weld and the body, so really stable. The Step itself is stainless with an extruded aluminum underbody and very strong of its own accord.

- be forewarned that the instructions are terrible, but logic will win out. Also, two of the driver side brackets didn't fit under the AC lines. I will be calling the supplier about this because I seem to recall that there was an option to order different brackets, which I thought I did. We'll see, I guess. But, even minus the two brackets, it's incredibly strong.

I've had the Bushwackers in the garage for months, toying with the idea of painting them another color. But, the black theme won out, if only for simplicity, and now I'm glad I went there. They're expensive but fit the van like a glove. Very easy to install and I think they look great. Plus, I was getting tired of all the gunk coming off the front wheels and that seems to have been tamed for now.

I've been hopping in and out of the van like a kid, should've put these steps on sooner!

Old 03-01-2017, 12:28 PM   #69

Oh boy!! those are gonna look good with that lift!!
Old 03-01-2017, 05:12 PM   #70

Garage
I sure hope so, Flux. We'll find out soon enough!

Tags
ccv poptop, e350, photography, siennas, transformer