Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-01-2017, 06:35 PM   #91

Garage
My New Method 17's and 285/70/17 KO2s

After the recent Agile conversion, I wanted to switch over to Methods and 285's. I think they look just right with this lift and the whole thing rides like a dream. No more gritting my teeth over potholes! I really like the cornering on these and basically no noise, though I do notice a very slight bit slowing to a stop after I aired them down just a hair. The comfort is great.

And, of course, the legendary grip is even better than the 265's, something I really appreciate on a steep, mossy boat ramp. I wound up backed in to a spot the other day that required several maneuvers over dirt, rocks and high curbs to get out. The darn thing just rolled over those in 2WD like it was nothing - I barely felt a bump. Can't wait to take it up to the mountain and try out some hills!

We'll see about mpg's... the more stuff I add, the lower it goes. Pretty soon I'll just be driving from gas station to gas station Thinking about a Five Star tune.

Pretty darn happy with how things are working out with all the changes, one by one.

The Methods and Warns go nice together:

Old 06-01-2017, 06:45 PM   #92
Site Team

Nice, but I'm a little disappointment. At first glance I thought this was a For Sale post, and I've been looking for some new tires/rims.

herb
Old 06-01-2017, 06:53 PM   #93

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by BroncoHauler View Post
Nice, but I'm a little disappointment. At first glance I thought this was a For Sale post, and I've been looking for some new tires/rims.

herb

Ha! Sorry to disappoint you, Herb. I went and changed the title to MY New Method...

But I can and do highly recommend these wheels. They're beautifully made and look like they'll hold up well. Plus, they don't show the dirt as much as the black wheels. Hope you find what you're looking for.
Old 06-01-2017, 06:59 PM   #94

Garage
Forgot to add that I will be selling my new-ish 265/75/16 KO2's. I'll post them up in the classifieds within the week and will discount them for forum members before the Craigslist post. Portland location. Anybody interested, shoot me a PM.
Old 08-15-2017, 01:21 AM   #95

Garage
Added an Aluminess Tire Carrier

Finally got my spare tire mission completed and moved a new KO2 to an Aluminess Tire Carrier/Swing Arm. Have to say, this is a quality piece of equipment. A shout-out to John at Quadvan and Chad there for the install. I was impressed with the neat and clean work.

John designed and installs the extra little plastic rectangular support you can see in the third picture. It helps share the load of the arm when closed and keeps it from rattling when the round one begins to wear.

Something I really like is how they rotate the stud hanger so you can open the passenger side back door without having to swing the tire out.

Old 08-15-2017, 07:03 AM   #96

Garage
Looks good!

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2017, 09:30 AM   #97

Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jsweezy View Post
Looks good!
Thanks, J!
Old 11-19-2017, 07:56 PM   #98

Garage
Installed a Wilco Offroad Hitchswing

The Wilco Offroad Hitchswing is definitely a quality piece of equipment, well thought out and well made. Installed it today and looking forward to attaching my various “hitch implements”. From cargo baskets to bike racks, I can finally get them out of the way of the rear doors. It swings a full 180 degrees, so I can get my grill, etc. under the awning.

Since I often pull a trailer, I really like the double hitch receivers. The bottom one is direct pull for the heavy loads and the top is for whatever I want to be able to swing.

Old 11-19-2017, 08:02 PM   #99

Garage
Load Limits: 300 lbs within 3 ft; 150 lbs up to 5 ft of the truck mount.
Old 11-25-2017, 10:50 AM   #100

Garage
Finally a good picture of a 2014 passenger with sienna seats in the second row! You're building a clean rig! 2 quick questions. 1-what is the difference in distance to the back doors when reclined verses the original bench? I have the EB so I'd add what, 20"? Much like you I also work out of mine and will be building a gear locker below a little used bed & I'm wondering how low I'll need to make it in order for the reclined seats to clear. Rope rescue gear takes up a lot of room so I may need to go a different direction if I cant accommodate it. 2-how was the install on a scale of 1-10 using the Ujoint bases? Thanks in advance for your reply!

Tags
ccv poptop, e350, photography, siennas, transformer