Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-02-2011, 11:39 PM   #281

Re: Polar Bear 1

I installed my first wall panel tonight... I also installed a second (same section, passenger side) and put ribs under the long window on the driver's side. It's going to take some serious work to get this all framed out, but it's slowly coming together.

Zaskoda is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-03-2011, 12:52 PM   #282

I finally got a pic of the net on the doors.

These were $13 each on Amazon. I wish they were a little bigger, but they still finish out the doors nicely. I say "finish"... but I might use the dead space at the bottom to attach... something...

Anyway, here's the source:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B005IEIPEG
Old 11-06-2011, 11:06 AM   #283

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zaskoda
Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland87
HeyZaskoda.... I found your build post tonight and have the same van as polar Bear1 except without the windows...
I found your thread before I came back and checked mine. I can't wait to see how your build turns out. =D

edit: Regarding that front end.. who did your conversion? If it's not the same company, it's probably not the same parts.. even if it is the same company, it may not be.. but I can share my parts list if it is. Mine was done here in Colorado, but I gotta look it up in the paperwork, will update when I do.

edit 2: Trans Axle of Colorado
I found out my van is also a Transaxle of Colorado conversion, it's called the Trailmaster, I'm having a hard time coming up with info on the company, any information you could share with me would be GREAT.
Overland87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2011, 01:45 PM   #284

Polar Bear 1

Burningman is like z said. As crazy as you make it. My wife and I went for our honeymoon( burningmoon) and it was amazing. We will be taking the SMB next year and I plan on covering the penthouse canvas with the materiel that hexa yurts are made of with furnace filters to get cross breeze. When I get it constructed I will do build pics
Old 11-06-2011, 03:16 PM   #285

Quote:
Originally Posted by Overland87

I found out my van is also a Transaxle of Colorado conversion, it's called the Trailmaster, I'm having a hard time coming up with info on the company, any information you could share with me would be GREAT.
All I've managed to find is one other owner in Ft Collins with a conversion by the same company. His had the 460 tho.
Old 03-11-2012, 11:04 PM   #286

My camera is shot... but... I started working on my first real bits of the actual floor plan. I built a platform in the rear. The top lifts. I used the side walls for storage and cut round holes for access. No, those are not speaker holes. The girlfriend and I carpeted most of the area, but I still have to work on the lid a little. It has a bend to it, but I have a plan for that.

I can show more details on the framework above if someone is interested. Mostly it's 2x2s, a couple of pieces of 3/4" (top and front) and the rest is thin ply. I also started the heater installation, installed a fuse panel, and did a fair amount of wiring; but don't have any pictures to share.
Old 03-12-2012, 07:07 PM   #287

Z, a little late but wanted to compliment you on the build lately, and the BurningMan pics, big fun. Also, I love the mesh pockets in the doors. In the user submitted images on the Amazon listing there is a guy who has them on a white van with gray door panels JUST LIKE YOURS!
86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-09-2012, 10:37 PM   #288

Who is that mysterious Amazon photo poster?

So this weekend I put her up on jack stands, popped off the wheels and fender flares, ground down the rust and roughed up the paint, and layered the bottom of the van with bed liner coating. Admittedly, I did not grind the rust down as much as I should have... It was really hard to grind on.

I also swapped out the house battery that had gone south. New one works great.

It's been a while, nice to get something done. Now I gotta put the bumpers back on.
Old 10-06-2012, 11:05 PM   #289

New mirrors... turned a bit more chrome to black... and it's nice to have new glass.
Old 10-31-2012, 04:08 PM   #290

Had some challenges lately.. Need to take some photos and wrote some deets.. but... the biggest thing on my mind right now... This weekend the slider door, well, it fell off.