E350: No mate, I just applied VHB tape to the bottom of this part and stuck it to the roof.
This part is a milled part, no lathe required. I have nice full sized bridgeport type mill; my lathe is the tiniest Harbor Freight one that they sell, pretty crappy but will turn the occasional round thing when required if it's not too big.
Here are a couple of pics of the thing stuck to the roof.
I primed and painted the bulkhead with rattle-can paint and applied VHB tape to the bottom perimeter.
I drilled two small holes in the roof just outboard of the canvas roughly midway back on the roof (where it is widest); one hole for the solar panel wire and the other for the camp lights.
I soldered the 12V power jacks to the camp light feed wire up on the roof (had to bring the soldering iron up there) Then I assembled the connectors into the bulkhead and fed the solar wire through it's hole.
I wiped the roof off with acetone before sticking the bulkhead to the roof.
I don't have a picture here, but the solar panel is now back on the roof as well.
If things go as planned today, I'll hopefully have the camp LED lights wired and mounted for testing. I got stung by a bee right above my left eye this morning riding my mountain bike and it's a bit swollen but I'm not planning on that slowing me down too much.