Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 06-21-2019, 11:18 AM   #1

Question to all Agile econoline van conversion people

I have front spring clearance issues with my van, where if I go over any small bump the spring compresses and hits the frame on the passenger side. makes a huge BOING sound. Is this a common thing among all agile conversions? I have never driven another Agile econoline van so I just dont know if this is normal or not. thank you in advance.

I also get a lot of noise and popping from the steering when I turn on angels and inclines.

Lcavalletti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 11:32 AM   #2

I have the same spring and pop/clunk but mine comes from the drivers side. Mine doesn't "boing" going straight, only when I'm turning into/out of my driveway or turns over bumps and uneven roads.

I've been wanting to take my van to Agile to have them give it a once over, but the only time I'm down there is usually on a weekend, so it's been a challenge.
Old 06-21-2019, 11:45 AM   #3

Ive already had them re-do my van to find that the front axles was off center, they did good on the mistake and tore apart the whole thing to find it was off center by a long shot. So after the work I now have the spring clearance issue on the passenger side (was previously on the drivers side) any small bump when the spring compresses it hits the frame. I just worry that this will eventually break the spring one day with a hard impact?
Old 06-21-2019, 12:13 PM   #4

I have had mine for about 3 months now (PO had Agile do the conversion so I cant comment on the previous 2 years if/what issues arose and were resolved) and I have no issues such as you describe. All I have is if I turn hard right, and pull into a driveway (so the passenger side compresses) the plastic fender well shield will catch the tire and sound like a loud version of a baseball card in the spokes of your bike as a kid. This isnt really a particular Agile conversion issue but its a fun story :-)
renegadeoverland is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2019, 12:22 PM   #5

can anyone let me know if the spring hitting the frame could cause any type of failure of the spring or mounts? I am about to do a 2000 mile road trip and it would be nice to have some piece of mind as to if this is a concern.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:26 PM   #6

Garage
I don’t have any of these issues with my Agile conversion. Wish I could help but maybe this bump to the top will find somebody to help.
Old 06-25-2019, 02:53 PM   #7

I don't see how the spring can hit the frame... It shouldn't be that close. Usually the "twang" is from the spring rotating in the bottom cup, but can also happen if the upper retainer clip is loose.

Do you see evidence of contact of moving?
Old 06-27-2019, 11:00 AM   #8

I have a 2007 e2350 Agile conversion. I have a bit of a metal grinding sound when I hit a small incline going up and right. The issue seems to be a bolt at the bottom of the spring where it rubs a bit on that spot. It does not show any visible wear. I brought it back and had the folks at Agile have a look at it to insure that it wasn't a structural integrity being compromised kind of thing, and they assured me that the issue is just due to the pre determined location of that bolt that scrapes on certain loads with certain angles only. John and Jesus and the crew over there at Agile will surely be more than happy to look into whatever it is that concerns you and provide you the answer as to what they are able to determine the issue is being caused by.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 02:37 PM   #9

I have a UJ/MG coil and I have the same issue on drivers side. Bad sound and very noticeable wear,grinding scratches on the frame and shock. I looked at a recently done CCV coil conv. and that vans coils had a much larger gap between the coil and frame. I'm having to get a new axle put in the next 2weeks and when its on the rack gonna have them re-position the coils a little and see if that has any difference. But unfortunately kinda glad to hear its just not my conversion
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-27-2019, 05:02 PM   #10

Mine boings as well on the drivers slide only. Although it sounds weird not sure I will do anything about it. It makes me drive a bit slower and carefully which is a good thing.
larrie is offline   Reply With Quote