Since there was a little interest in the raised bed platform I installed in the van I thought I'd post a picture history of the project.
Hope you folks aren't getting burned out with all the pictures I post.
The frame was built out of 1" X 1" thick wall square tubing. The retcangular raised bars on the ends of the frame are there to keep the mattress from becoming a missle aimed at the back of my head during hard braking. The front legs of the bed frame were set back to improve access through the side door of the van.
Three of the four legs were bolted to the floor using the seat mounting holes in the back of the Clubwagon. The hole for the front right leg had to be drilled and bolted without the aid of a seat mount. Note the different color patches on the floor. Those were the holes through the floor that needed to be repaired from the previous wheel chair lift install.
Edit to include...."I had the frame powder coated"
I topped the frame with 3/4" plywood to stiffen the whole thing up
For additional stability I added braces tying the platform to the shoulder harness points in the back of the clubwagon.
I added a layer of carpet on top of the braces to keep the bolt heads and brace edges from tearing the bottom of the mattress.
The finished project. An extra long full mattress with lots of storage space underneath.
View of bed from the side door