Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 04-07-2016, 08:33 AM   #1

Raptor Liner on Interior Floor

I'm familiar with this product and it ease in application so I was wondering if anyone had used it as an interior floor covering?
I'm thinking about spraying it on the plywood flooring once it's secured.
It's durable, has texture, easy to clean so I'm curious.

saline is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 09:58 AM   #2
MSD

Garage
My van had the rockers, bumpers, fender flares and the floor plus 24" up the side walls inside done with Raptor liner, but on the metal. It's great stuff, like you said durable but because of the texture I don't think very easy to clean.

I'm in the process of sound deadening and covering it up and thought about spraying the Plywood with Raptor too, but opted to go with a garage floor covering instead for ease to clean and whip out, plus I didn't like the way it felt on my feet, and the dog didn't like it much either .
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:10 AM   #3
MSD

Garage
I ended up getting coin gray universal flooring from Home Depot in a roll of 7.5 X 17 feet for $199.00 plus free shipping yesterday online. I know there are similar products like diamond nitro rolls or the coin nitro rolls from Rubber Flooring - Largest Selection - RubberFlooringInc but I couldn't pass up the price and free shipping. Hopefully it's a good product. Guess I'll find out on April 14th.
Attached Thumbnails
Screenshot 2016-04-07 10.02.59.jpg  
1997 E350 7.3l 2wd - Sold
MSD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 10:24 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSD View Post
I ended up getting coin gray universal flooring from Home Depot in a roll of 7.5 X 17 feet for $199.00 plus free shipping yesterday online. I know there are similar products like diamond nitro rolls or the coin nitro rolls from Rubber Flooring - Largest Selection - RubberFlooringInc but I couldn't pass up the price and free shipping. Hopefully it's a good product. Guess I'll find out on April 14th.
Looking forward to how your flooring turns out. I've been wanting to replace my OEM carpet to something similar so I can just sweep the inside instead of vacuum.
Old 04-07-2016, 05:17 PM   #5

I would love to see it. Sounds like a good value on durable flooring to me.

86Scotty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 05:20 PM   #6

Garage
I don't know if it's going to work or not but I'm about to put the horse stall mats (3/4 inch thick 4x6ft sections) in my van on the floor. 3 of them will work and will only cost me 180$. Not sure how heavy it is compared to plywood or if it will work but if people are interested to know I can update you all.

Google Sled Hockey - You won't be disappointed.
Jsweezy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:26 AM   #7
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
Jsweezy please do keep us updated on your stall mat install---we're almost always looking for different floor treatments.

My own personal preference is a good coating of POR-15 over the sheet metal then nothing more than 3/4" plywood then a suitable heavy duty commercial-type "glamour" material, LonCoin etc. Creatively fitting the plywood to the interior and other steps I've never penetrated the factory floor metal with screws etc in order to keep in in place.

Looking forward to your updates Jsweezy!
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 09:25 AM   #8

Garage
Sounds good! I'll keep you guys posted. I did look into getting the floor bullet lined but they wanted 650. Not bad if it's what I really wanted but a little pricey for something that wouldn't provide as much as either plywood or rubber mats.

Old 04-19-2016, 02:34 PM   #9

Garage
Alright so I've had the mats down for a little bit now and haven't noticed too much in the sound department but I also have nothing else for sound deafening in my cargo van so it's no suprise.

What I do like is the insulation, it keeps the cold out of the cab and stays cool when it's crazy hot out. The only time they have gotten hot is when in direct non tinted window sunlight.

I also like the durability, I had this big metal frame with metal mesh and what not and needed to load it in the back. I literally chucked it in there and it crashed hard on the floor with no problems and that makes me happy.

Another big plus is that it's rigid enough to keep the airspace in between the ridges of the floor so I know any moisture on the floor has a chance to escape.

Lastly it's super easy to clean, items also slide well when they need to but will grip if placed on the floor and the mats can be removed with no issues but are heavy.

If you think about that this stuff was made for horses to sleep (in any climate) and crap on but also need to be able to be cleaned every day then that answers most of your questions right there.