Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 11-05-2020, 02:26 PM   #1

RB Layout Re-Design Help E350 CCV top

Hey Folks,

So I am trying to repair a hastily layed out interior I built a few years ago. I travel with 2 kids and the fiance. In the living room, I have a kitchen cabinet with dometic combo sink stove, a 10 gallon water tank, next to that an ARB 50 qt on slide out. Rear of the kitchen I have a Porta potty wedged between a discounttruckvan bed/seat.

Mistakes I made were

1) The couch is too big and barely squeezes between the paneling widthwise, it also squeezes the rear AC. It also has a 10 inch gap in the back when layed down, so it doesn't fit an adult back to front. only diagonally. There is a huge cavernous uneven situation in the middle of the bed and the seat belts are always falling into the unknown when you put it down. . The seat belt straps are all over underneath prevent proper storage under the bed.

2) the kitchen cabinet houses an ARB 50qt and is made of 2x4 framing. ITs about 10 inches to long and my porta potty barely fits between the cabinet and the couch seat. I have a dometic sink and stove all in one mounted to the countertop. The countertop is way too thick and heavy.

I have purchased the 80/20 materials to make a more space efficient kitchen and an ARB slide out for the fridge which pretty much needs to be installed perpendicular to the length of the van to save space.

Any thoughts or help from RB owners. I coudl do a sideways couch, however I do need to safely house 2 passengers in the back while underway, passenger seats are not an option

Also we sit and watch sunsets from the barn door, so moving the kitchen to the other side isn't an option either.

Any thoughts on the couch and kitchen positioning before I start. Any way to gain space in an already tight space.?

By re doing the kitchen I will gain about 12" at least , so that's a start. The couch bed I Would like to redo so it can actually sleep an adult lengthways if possible (back to front of van)

link below to my layout, i only have one seat swivel FYI on passenger side

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1uI9...ew?usp=sharing

Lcavalletti is offline   Reply With Quote