Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×

Old 03-08-2021, 09:38 AM   #1

Rear Shuttle HVAC Unit

I'm curious, anyone else's van come with this style rear hvac? It's super basic - just 2 coils in a box with a fan, but it's super awkward where it currently sits. It's an odd size to deal with however I don't want to get rid of rear heat or a/c.

Was thinking maybe move it underneath a bench that we have to build anyway, or right behind one of the passenger/driver seats. Would love to put it above the cab (high top) but bleeding that would be a huge pain. I'd love to find the BTU rating on it, but really I'm curious if anyone else has relocated one and what they've done with it. Thanks
Attached Thumbnails
PXL_20210307_203243155.jpg  

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 07:12 AM   #2
JWA

Send a message via Yahoo to JWA
How and where are the fluid lines installed?

This looks to be a Pro-Air LLC unit or something very similar. Is this an old Stanley Steemer work van by chance?

My 2005 E-350 formerly a wheel chair lift equipped raised roof van with factory rear A/C & heat. I completely removed the A/C system including all refrigerant lines running to the front compressor. I didn't need or want rear A/C.

I re-used the heater lines but used a Pro-Air heater unit that was re-located into a space above the built-in "roll cage", ran rigid duct for two downward facing ceiling vents with directional flow control. The particular unit I used has three dedicated fan speeds so unlike Ford's stock blower motor using the resistor network I'm able to adjust rear heat via the fan speed.

I can answer more questions if needed----let me know please.

HTH
JWA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2021, 10:39 AM   #3

It was originally a school shuttle up in MT.

So you have yours up high - any issues with bleeding it?

This has the refrigerant and coolant lines coming in from underneath. I do plan on keeping rear a/c as we do tend to drive through some hot stretches of road during the summer.

'05 Pleasure Way Excel TS V10, still boring and 2wd
b. rock is offline   Reply With Quote