Free 7 Day Trial RV GPS App RV Trip Planner Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Free 7 Day Trial ×
 


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
 
Old 08-05-2020, 08:00 PM   #21
Senior Member
 
Glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 306
Don't know their preferred method, but I just gave a CC # for the deposit.
__________________

__________________
Friends Don't Let Friends Do Stupid Things Alone
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 12:46 PM   #22
Senior Member
 
tedujam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
Don't know their preferred method, but I just gave a CC # for the deposit.
They prefer CC. Put down a deposit at 9am this morning with an estimated October 23rd completion date!
__________________

tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 03:18 PM   #23
Senior Member
 
keytothestone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2017
Location: Rincon,PR./Dgo,Co.
Posts: 162
Since on the CCV subject.....If anyone needs extra CCV cushions for the penthouse bed for Eseries top 54" wide I have all for 4 available grey. Replaced them Mon. with Paco pads and a mattress topper. P/U preferred but will try and ship at whosoever expense. Thanks
keytothestone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 05:11 PM   #24
Senior Member
 
Glen's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2017
Location: Orange County, CA
Posts: 306
Quote:
Originally Posted by tedujam View Post
They prefer CC. Put down a deposit at 9am this morning with an estimated October 23rd completion date!

Congrats !!! You'll love it...

Something to think about if you have the time is to plan to say in the area at least an extra day to make sure everything is good before heading home.

I picked up the van, went to the DIY car wash down the street & gave everything a good drenching. No leaks.

Then I drove around town, on the freeway, and up the canyon towards Estes Park. No creaking/moaning/shifting/weird noises.

Then I found a dirt road & did some mild off-roading. No issues.

Then I stayed in a campground a few miles from CCV and spent the night. I must have raised & lowered the top 10 times, turned the lights on & off a bunch of times & unzipped/re-zipped all 3 layers of all windows. I also tested the fan. Everything worked great.

I paid the additional cost of having the top & sides insulated. It got down to 26 degrees that night & I was fairly comfortable with just my Mr. Buddy Jr. running until it ran out sometime during the night. The van is insulted & I don't have any window coverings, which I'm sure would have made a noticeable difference.

I originally planned on staying 2 days to give myself enough time to thoroughly test everything out before making the 1,100 mile drive home. However, I only stayed 1 extra day because I couldn't think of anything else to check & everything I did check was great.
__________________
Friends Don't Let Friends Do Stupid Things Alone
Glen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2020, 06:32 PM   #25
Site Team
 
BroncoHauler's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Southern New Mexico
Posts: 9,795
Quote:
Originally Posted by Glen View Post
...Something to think about if you have the time is to plan to say in the area at least an extra day to make sure everything is good before heading home...

This should be just about mandatory. Don't cut and run. Spend a day, or three, nearby and plan a contingency day or two if there are any issues. Don't wait until you get home until you find that something needs attention.


Herb
__________________
SMB-less as of 02/04/2012. Our savings account is richer, but our adventures are poorer.
BroncoHauler is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 01:21 PM   #26
Junior Member
 
Join Date: Nov 2016
Posts: 4
Iím surprised to hear of the distaste for SMB penthouse tops. We have almost 100 nights in ours without a single issue - wind, rain, snow, etc. Our bodies are pretty average from a height/weight perspective; I imagine if we were any larger or longer it might not be ideal. What is so great about the CCV tops?
Joe-SLC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:35 PM   #27
Member
 
Darkstar's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2014
Location: San Diego
Posts: 88
Derek and the team at CCV do have a great top. However, there seems to still be a bit of a challenge in their ability to answer the phone live or to return calls. Thats too bad. If you search the older posts you will see that I went through a similar challenge a few years ago and got a lot of feedback from people that had similar experience. I found a back channel to get in touch and things really improved. Id suggest that you may be out of luck if your time window for getting a top is before November but I wish you well. They really are a nice bunch over at CCV but they just seem to still have some challenges with return messaging. If you are lucky enough to get someone live, you will more than likely get all the information and appointment availability... but it may take a lot of tries to catch someone. Im sure the pandemic didn't help an already challenging situation for them.
Darkstar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 02:36 PM   #28
Senior Member
 
Twoxentrix's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: Annapolis, Maryland
Posts: 2,342
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-SLC View Post
I’m surprised to hear of the distaste for SMB penthouse tops... What is so great about the CCV tops?
Happy with our SM pop-top as well, but I think it comes down to "someone else has built a better mouse trap".
Granted, I don't know much about CCV other than whats been shared on this Forum through others: It is roomier (width & height), offers several fiberglass top sizes, good insulation options for cold weather, and IMO looks better.
__________________
TwoXentrix
"AWOL"
Twoxentrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 04:42 PM   #29
Senior Member
 
tedujam's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2020
Location: Austin
Posts: 139
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstar View Post
Derek and the team at CCV do have a great top. However, there seems to still be a bit of a challenge in their ability to answer the phone live or to return calls. Thats too bad. If you search the older posts you will see that I went through a similar challenge a few years ago and got a lot of feedback from people that had similar experience. I found a back channel to get in touch and things really improved. Id suggest that you may be out of luck if your time window for getting a top is before November but I wish you well. They really are a nice bunch over at CCV but they just seem to still have some challenges with return messaging. If you are lucky enough to get someone live, you will more than likely get all the information and appointment availability... but it may take a lot of tries to catch someone. Im sure the pandemic didn't help an already challenging situation for them.
Who are you responding to?
tedujam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2020, 06:59 PM   #30
Senior Member
 
Otter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2016
Location: Oregon
Posts: 1,172
Garage
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe-SLC View Post
Iím surprised to hear of the distaste for SMB penthouse tops. We have almost 100 nights in ours without a single issue - wind, rain, snow, etc. Our bodies are pretty average from a height/weight perspective; I imagine if we were any larger or longer it might not be ideal. What is so great about the CCV tops?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Twoxentrix View Post
Happy with our SM pop-top as well, but I think it comes down to "someone else has built a better mouse trap".
Granted, I don't know much about CCV other than whats been shared on this Forum through others: It is roomier (width & height), offers several fiberglass top sizes, good insulation options for cold weather, and IMO looks better.
^^^^^ This. Also, the mechanism is stronger and the top is longer, providing a storage space up front. Lots of folks have provided excellent write-ups on why they chose the CCV tops.
.
__________________

__________________
"PhoTo" - 2014 Ford E350 5.4L RB - Agile 4x4 - CCV Poptop
Otter is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off

Powered by vBadvanced CMPS v3.2.3
Disclaimer:

This website is not affiliated with or endorsed by Sportsmobile SIP or any of its affiliates. This is an independent, unofficial site.


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 08:08 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
×